And years later I've cleared Ocarina of Time on NGC

Find all your GameCube topics here
Nick.Ren

And years later I've cleared Ocarina of Time on NGC

Post by Nick.Ren » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:48 pm

Last time I did it on my N64 with S-video. And these days, I played it again on my NGC with GCvideo (basically the same as the component video) in a defination of 640X480p :D

And, in today's game world full of 1080P even 4K or more, I'd rather play some old games on some old gaming consoles through which I can find the true happiness of playing games rather than "watching" games.
Attachments
2.jpg
(1.17 MiB) Not downloaded yet
1.jpg
(932.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Papy.G

Re: And years later I've cleared Ocarina of Time on NGC

Post by Papy.G » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:12 am

Can you tell us the difference, if you see one, between playing this game on the N64 and playing it on the NGC? (controller handling, loading times…)

The latter machine we have home is the Wii, and my son's friends who have up to date systems in their houses come here and enjoy playing the GameCube. ;)
I have to say, MKDD is quite unique, and multi-plating on a 48" LCD set makes it more confortable than it was, back in the days, on the classic student's 14"CRT.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Nick.Ren

Re: And years later I've cleared Ocarina of Time on NGC

Post by Nick.Ren » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:12 am

Papy.G wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:12 am
Can you tell us the difference, if you see one, between playing this game on the N64 and playing it on the NGC? (controller handling, loading times…)

The latter machine we have home is the Wii, and my son's friends who have up to date systems in their houses come here and enjoy playing the GameCube. ;)
I have to say, MKDD is quite unique, and multi-plating on a 48" LCD set makes it more confortable than it was, back in the days, on the classic student's 14"CRT.
Well, maybe the only difference between the two versions is the defination. As mentioned above, the NGC version can run at a defination of 640X480p with a component cable but the N64 version can run at a dynamic defination from 256x224i to 640x480i with a S-video cable. The rest are all the same, including the loading time.