project priority / to do

Find all your GameCube topics here
xorrox

project priority / to do

Post by xorrox » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 am

My best goes out to all the staff and hobbyist that have been posting alot of great stuff with regards to their mods, homebrew and projects.
The site has been buzzing with posts, nearly every day - There's some really awesome stuff going on - Kudos to you all.

Regardless, I was a little curious, because the topics and posts are disconnected from one another...
What is everyone actually working on, and where does it sit in the list of priorities?
I recall reading that emulator work is low - understandably. Also, that swiss is fairly near the top.
Clean Rip is being talked about/worked on fairly often, right? and then there's the portable systems - which blow my mind btw!
Haven't seen much about homebrew app other than those above though (am I wrong?)

I digress...

Anyway, I was just hoping to throw together a quick and dirty list of what everyone, from Emu_Kidid to the newest hobbyist member, is working on and where it sits in their priorities. Admidtedly, having it on your todo list DOES NOT mean life will let you get to it - let's be real here :D

I myself, not that it has any relation to this - am working on creating a mod of GTA-SA:MP for lan games. We will be able to play capture the flag, death match rounds, race, etc... It's some pretty cool stuff; but I dont think it would fly on the gc or wii :P - Maybe if I HELLA lowered the quality (by proxy the file size) of the textures, and models... I wonder if there is a way to create a homebrew app that could connect to the servers and allow a player to run around san andreas? PFFFF!!!! way out of my league!!!!!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: project priority / to do

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:04 pm

My priorities right now are:
Swiss 0.3
Emulators (too many!)
Clean Rip

P.S. I used to play GTAVC MP (MTA I think it was) - quite fun!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:02 pm

My priorities
Drinking beer and think of projects
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
WatsuG

Post by WatsuG » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 pm

*Work on Portable playstation
*Flash my own Xeno chip (when the parts finally come in the mail :) )
*Go to a flea market
Benni

Post by Benni » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:48 am

finnishing PS2 Slim HDPRO-Project (HD is working, copies not - need to solder more)

Building PS2 FAT (V7) with NWA and SATA (i own a SATA NWA, too, but no network there)

Waiting for MEGA´s Component Adapter to Build a GC (RevA or B) with HDD

Asking some eletronical cracks for solving a Problem.
So why i mention this, here is the Problem:

It is for a SAT Receiver with Linux.
There is a guy in Germany (Carsten Presser is it´s name) who builds something called "ATMOlight/Karatelight". It´s like Philips Ambilight.
BUT this only works with my SAT Receiver and i want to make it fit for EVERYTHING, so i had to connect it to HDMI.
Carsten says, he don´t do it cause its illegal in Germany but there is a Solution with
NETV (http://kosagi.com/w/index.php?title=NeTV_Main_Page)
But i´m not goog into this.
MAYBE someone of you can do this...
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:54 pm

1. taking apart Homeland and translate it
2. probably set up a server system for it
3. gc-linux

that's the stuff that i'm doing for the gc right now :P
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
julius

Post by julius » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Oustanding, emu_kidid!!! So besides new updates of Swiss, Cube64 and CubeSX, is there any other emulator for our cubes in those priority projects? Those would be really great news, buddy.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:53 pm

there's a few emulators "up in the air" (as if we're juggling.. but anyway), not much progress across most of them, but some may come to light, while others will die in our code repos without having even drawn a single frame :P