great big circles

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
burtman316

great big circles

Post by burtman316 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:35 am

Well when I found this place about 4 or 5 years ago I was excited. I thought wow what a wealth of cool knowledge! I was excited! I tinkered with the cube but life gets in the way. I buried my dad, I buried my son. I got into many different systems thinking the cube is gonna blow up somewhere! I can't wait! keeping my spirits up by doing systems that made the new gamers excited! waiting for this system waiting to turn my cube into an awesome force! times coming! I had so much I wanted to learn and to expand on if possible. fast forward to now and..... the only thing that has changed really is the hardware. People hawking this and that, buy this to do this donate to this, check out my ads but when you follow all this and try not to spend anymore you get sent around in a big circle with no real results. Sure the knowledge is mostly there i guess don't know for sure because here it's only hinted at. I go a direction that certainly should work, buy some kinda expensive mini disks an AR that didn't didn't work adapter here non working program there, well there goes a few of those expensive disks. I think for me it's fitting to say hello and goodbye at the same time. Just like my father i'm losing an old friend and sadly like my son I hardly got to know ya.
Rest In Peace Gamecube and goodbye GC FOREVER...
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: great big circles

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:22 am

Sorry for your losses but this forum exists to help/educate people about issues such as the ones you faced with the particular setup you decided to go with (AR and discs). Yes, new hardware is being 'peddled' onto users but it's primarily to bridge the gap that software only/softmods and other dated ways of playing games have failed to re-create the official disc-based experience.

So with that, welcome and goodbye (but I wish you'd asked for help instead of sitting silent) :P
mj_judge

Post by mj_judge » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:58 pm

If you are trying to use the Action replay with sdloader I have just in the last few days made an update to the original patcher program so that it works in windows 10 as some people been having troubles trying to patch the gamecube to load sd data with old software, theres also a guide on how to use it in the wiki... if your action replay is broken though im sure it wont help but feel free to send a message if your still about on what your having trouble with.
capzlk

Post by capzlk » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 pm

This is sad but I kind of understand, lots of the mini dvds don't work well with the gamecube even with laser tweaks unless you go over the safe limits (my first batch was awesome I have a few games that work on vanilla cubes, but later ones with white labels have only caused me headaches)

Also the datel media launcher doesn't work unless you use an sd card, nothing newer, and those are not for sale any more..

These things are not obvious unless you really know what you are doing and I suspect are at least part of his frustration.

Like mentioned by the others though; ask and people will try to help. Lurking doesn't get you anywhere!