Another Viper GC sad user

Welcome to the GC-Forever forums, feel free to introduce yourself here!
M4rk_Rent0n

Another Viper GC sad user

Post by M4rk_Rent0n » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi all,

I'm coming here try to find a solution for my Viper GC (not extreme) for a ipl replacement with sd2sp2 support. You guess that the goal is to load Swiss directly at boot. I've read someone call "Leduc" have made a "poc" version of ipl, but don't share it publicly. That a very sad news for all users of this chip and I hope someone can share it to all of use.

Anyway, that a great place and I thank you all for the job your doing here.

Ps: sorry for my crappy English, I'm French :roll:
Papy.G

Re: Another Viper GC sad user

Post by Papy.G » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:22 pm

Don't create a topic when a discussion is already on in another one, see there.

Ledu205's one might be too big to fit on regular Viper GC anyways.

I have to contact him, as I can't publicly release the build while I don't have the source code to join to it. I have to take a look at the licence first to see what is possible to do without infringing its terms.

You can send him an MP as well, he's french too! ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
M4rk_Rent0n

Post by M4rk_Rent0n » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:10 pm

I see your topic obviously, but I want to introduce myself anyway, so 2 birds with one rocks 😄

All right thank you for your recommandations 😉

Be sure that if i can help someone here, i'll do it. I'm 33 years old man, passionate by games and hardware (PC & consoles) for all time, and share my experience is always a pleasure.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:46 pm

Sorry, I didn't notice it was in the introductions section, so welcome here. :oops:

Almost the same here, except for beeing a little older (40 this year), but not so fond of PCs and PC gaming (except for a Quake III arena episode :mrgreen: ).

Ok, I'm in the works of figuring out if Retroarch can eventually work on GC, as there seem to be automaticly built releases that don't work anymore for a long time. But some of the cores are working, and quite well, so there's hope… (and mainly Theodore, an emulator for those Thomson French computer line 8-) )

Be sure to fill your country and area in your user profile. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
M4rk_Rent0n

Post by M4rk_Rent0n » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:51 am

No problem ;)

I love retroarch an i've try to use it on almost every system supported ^^ at this time the ps vita is my retroarch "daily use" :D

You motivate me to give another try at the GC build, if i find something interesting i'll report you ;)

HS: I just notive that you're french too ? Or just live in france ?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 am

My main Emulation machines are the Gamecube at home, and the DS on the go. (well, not that useful these days :? )

It can be quite discouraging sometimes, when nothing seems to work, so the more we are to try, the more we may find the ways to make it work, or help devs to fix issues, and be motivated by the interest the GC build receives.
You can give a try to a recent devloppement: Mission:Liftoff to begin with Theodore, for the working cores, Gambatte is kinda working too, but is ugly and not fully compatible. Theodore has an autoload function, pressing start once or twice run the chosen game (.fd, .k7 are accepted, both binary and Basic programs).
I've downloaded a full corresponding romset to try with Mame2000, since I have read it is often the first thing to do to troubleshoot it, and it doesn't want the roms I had independently
Testing pace is slow since I have to cope both with kid's school at home and hometasks while my GF is working fulltime.

I'm French, and few members are too. ;)