2003 GameCube Catalog Disc Findings

Air Conditioner

2003 GameCube Catalog Disc Findings

Post by Air Conditioner » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:22 am

So I recently bought a 2003 Mail Order Catalog Disc on a whim that's meant for the GC from eBay and I decompressed it and it uses almost no proprietary GC files... it uses .html, .png, and .jpg for most everything. I thought this was very interesting and I was wondering if this could be of use. I have the .iso uploaded to MEGA but I'm not sure on the policy about posting the link here. If this isn't new then cool but I couldn't find any info on this sort of thing.

Some neat stuff I found while looking around inside:
Contains some .tgc files the same ones found in the Zelda Collection .isos (they are meant for GBA transfer ROMs as I've figured out)
Several references to Java applets, a built in e-mail service (? mildly confused on some of this one), modem connection, and browsing a webpage
Tons of unused assets that look like a built-in web browser
I can open up all of the .html files in any of my browsers and can click and browse them just as I would on GC
Inside one of those mentioned .tgc files are some exclusive chao for the games Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
A pre-release demo of SADX
Demo of Viewtiful Joe

I just found it neat the GC was displaying .html files and .png files from the root of the disc basically and was converting my analog stick inputs and button pressed to mouse movement and keys

Maybe some feature involving the email service is unlocked from having it connected to the internet with one of the broadband adapters but I don't have one to try it with

If anyone wants me to post the link to the .iso I'll be more than happy to if emu_kidid is cool with it.
Formerly Mizumi
tueidj

Re: 2003 GameCube Catalog Disc Findings

Post by tueidj » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:02 am

The main .dol for the disc would be a web browser, probably the same one included in PSO 1+2/3 (especially if most of the content is from Sega). It can't handle much content from today's standards...
MarioMario66666

Post by MarioMario66666 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm interested in the web browser, seems pretty interesting. Would you mind sending me a pm with the link to download?

Hopefully the web browser isn't restricted to one web page like the Phantasy Star Online version.
Looking for:

Viper, Icedcube and Xcm cases.
Qoob, Viper and official Xeno modchips.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:16 am

Thanks for checking before posting. Please don't post the disc images or any content from them on here please.