YAGCD - Yet Another Gamecube Documentation

novenary

Re: YAGCD - Yet Another Gamecube Documentation

Post by novenary » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:22 pm

I'm staying with my Nexus 4 for the same reason. It can emulate the N64 and NDS beyond full speed too so that's pretty cool. Also I made a nice clip thingy to mount the phone on a PS3 gamepad to play with it anywhere.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:19 pm

*shakes cane* Back in my day, a phone was to make phone calls, and that was it.

I use an old Nokia dumbphone that was basically forced on me a couple years ago after spending all of my life without a mobile phone of any kind.
StarkNebula wrote:Didn't know about the web crawling, but you can in fact "force" archive a page, and I have done so. On https://archive.org/web/, there is a "Save Page Now" type-in box on the bottom right side of the page. Pasting in the URL will then proceed to archive the page. I've archived a handful of obscure pages that don't get crawled.
Good to know! Thanks!
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs
Fedor

Post by Fedor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:49 pm

StarkNebula wrote:Didn't know about the web crawling, but you can in fact "force" archive a page, and I have done so. On https://archive.org/web/, there is a "Save Page Now" type-in box on the bottom right side of the page. Pasting in the URL will then proceed to archive the page. I've archived a handful of obscure pages that don't get crawled.
Even my very first website from 2000 with only a couple of thousand visits is archived there, i was actually pretty shocked after finding that out few years later.
Aeredren

Post by Aeredren » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:15 am

Hi !

I'll revive this 5 years old post 'cause I spotted some error in the documentation.
I send a mail to the OP but I have little hope for an answer as the last modification of YAGCD was back in 2006. Here is the error and correction I submit :

Code: Select all

There is an error in the section :

12.    Memory Card Structure
12.3   Directory

The table is the following :

Offset | Size | Description
-------|------|----------------------------
0x0000 |      | Directory Entries (max 127)
0x0ffa |   2  | update Counter
0x0ffc |   2  | Checksum 1
0x0ffe |   2  | Checksum 2

The 3 last address are false and info about Directory Entries are
missing. A correct table would be :

Offset | Size   | Description
-------|--------|----------------------------
0x0000 | 0x1fc0 | Directory Entries (max 127)
0x1fc0 |  0x3a  | padding zeroes
0x1ffa |   2    | update Counter
0x1ffc |   2    | Checksum 1
0x1ffe |   2    | Checksum 2
Is there a possibility to break the mirroring logic, and edit the version of YAGCD here at GC-forever if the OP is not available for corrections anymore ? (Like a YAGCD V.2 which we can complete here, as it is where people interested in GC in 2020 seem to be)
Waah ! Waluigi ! hehehe