"Experience" N64 Emulator v2 modification

Knux Kitsune

"Experience" N64 Emulator v2 modification

Post by Knux Kitsune » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:25 am

I've been trying different N64 games using the injection/romswap method for the N64 Emulator v2 ripped and recompiled by Experience from the Legend of Zelda Collection disc for Gamecube, however I've run into two issues. 1. The game doesn't save to the memory card, and 2. the buttons are mapped to the corresponding buttons on the Gamecube controller (i.e. Z is Z, C-up is up on the C-stick) which makes games like StarFox 64 and Mario Kart 64 a bit of a hassle. I'd like to know if anyone has or knows if it's possible to change button mappings which are apparently written into the emulator, or if anyone has had any success with game saving with games other than Legend of Zelda titles.

So far, I'm testing using DIOS MIOS on Wii, but will soon have a GC portable with WKF. I can deal with the save issue, but the control issue is a bigger deal for me.
andre104623

Re: "Experience" N64 Emulator v2 modification

Post by andre104623 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:31 am

Knux Kitsune wrote:I've been trying different N64 games using the injection/romswap method for the N64 Emulator v2 ripped and recompiled by Experience from the Legend of Zelda Collection disc for Gamecube, however I've run into two issues. 1. The game doesn't save to the memory card, and 2. the buttons are mapped to the corresponding buttons on the Gamecube controller (i.e. Z is Z, C-up is up on the C-stick) which makes games like StarFox 64 and Mario Kart 64 a bit of a hassle. I'd like to know if anyone has or knows if it's possible to change button mappings which are apparently written into the emulator, or if anyone has had any success with game saving with games other than Legend of Zelda titles.

So far, I'm testing using DIOS MIOS on Wii, but will soon have a GC portable with WKF. I can deal with the save issue, but the control issue is a bigger deal for me.
Much testing has been done with Nintendos emu and what has been found that only 8 games or so work with it. Saving is also a problem as well out of those 8 games 2 or 3 save like super mario 64 which runs perfectly within this emu
Knux Kitsune

Post by Knux Kitsune » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:00 am

andre104623 wrote:Much testing has been done with Nintendos emu and what has been found that only 8 games or so work with it. Saving is also a problem as well out of those 8 games 2 or 3 save like super mario 64 which runs perfectly within this emu
Well, it sounds like I'm heading down a dead end with that closed-source emulator. All's been quiet on Cube64. I'll keep seeking other solutions as I know SNES9xGX runs the original Star Fox well enough, and I have the goal of playing every* Star Fox game on my soon-to-be-finished Gamecube portable.

*I'm choosing to be ignorant of Star Fox Command
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:03 am

Buttons can be remapped if you really want to. I'll take a look.
DTK.21

Post by DTK.21 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:08 am

Question.

Is there a compatibility list for what games work or is there just a size limit that the swap has.

I only ask for possible method to playing romhacks of games, such as Zelda's Birthday and a few Mario 64 hacks
sindrik

Post by sindrik » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:53 am

emu_kidid wrote:Buttons can be remapped if you really want to. I'll take a look.
Have you had any luck with this, emu_kidid?
DTK.21 wrote:Question.
Is there a compatibility list for what games work or is there just a size limit that the swap has.

I only ask for possible method to playing romhacks of games, such as Zelda's Birthday and a few Mario 64 hacks
I started to test this emu right now, after many many years, just out of curiosity. Since i could not make it work under Swiss (throws me an error, says it can't be patched) i have been using Nintendon't (r373) on the Wii, and n64emu v1, since v2 simply does not work for me. I'll later post my compatibility findings, will try some hacks too.
DTK.21

Post by DTK.21 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:43 am

Cool been busy at the moment lately so haven't been able to do much besides peek through threads for possible emulator updates
niuus

Post by niuus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 am

emu_kidid wrote:Buttons can be remapped if you really want to. I'll take a look.
I don't know if you had the time to check on this, but i am interested as well.
DTK.21 wrote:Cool been busy at the moment lately so haven't been able to do much besides peek through threads for possible emulator updates
DTK.21 wrote:Question.

I made a quick test with WaLuigi 64 and it went pretty fine. You can even save, depending on the version of the Nintendo N64 Emu you use. If a button swaping method is discovered, i'll check much more games just for fun. A new injector for the 3 emulator versions available would definitely help, since GC-Tool is really, really buggy and slows the testing process...