new video card, need to know what emulators it will support

diosoth

new video card, need to know what emulators it will support

Post by diosoth » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:05 am

I upgraded my old PC recently with an NVidia GTX 750 Ti SC 2GB video card, a 3.33GHz CPU, 500W PSU and maxed RAM at 8GB(the hardware won't really go better than this due to motherboard limits, OS & physical space in the case). Since this can run Skyrim at high settings fine I would assume it's more than good enough for N64 and Dreamcast emulation. What's the newest console can I reliably emulate on this setup? Excluding Gamecube/Wii as I have a softmodded Wii to handle that.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: new video card, need to know what emulators it will support

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:53 pm

I think you've answered your own question, N64/Dreamcast :P
Papy.G

Re: new video card, need to know what emulators it will support

Post by Papy.G » Fri May 01, 2020 6:31 pm

I remember running a N64 emulator a little more than 15 years ago on my 800MHz G4 eMac, it was far from perfect, for sure, but I don't see why any today's basic PC won't be overkill for the task. :)

I think the main part of the question was:
diosoth wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:05 am
What's the newest console can I reliably emulate on this setup?
Usually, a current generation PC should be powerful enough to emulate previous generation consoles, more or less. That's what you should expect from a correctly written and/or optimized emulator. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)