How do I use SNES/NES/SEGA emulators with SD2SP2?

swankerme

How do I use SNES/NES/SEGA emulators with SD2SP2?

Post by swankerme » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:04 pm

There seems to be very little information/guides on how to set this up. I have a Gamecube + GC Loader + SD2SP2. I am attempting to load FCEUGX, SNES9XGX, and Genesis Plus GX off my Gamecube.

I have moved/installed the latest releases and placed the .dols in the root of my SD2SP2 SD card. I also attempted running them off the GC Loader SD card. In both scenarios, all three apps load with a "Disc Loading" screen, which times out, and then when I selected "SD Adapter" as the proper location, they state "SD Card Not Found!".

I have read what few posts I could find, as well as some YouTube videos. I have enabled File Management in Swiss. The SD2SP2 does work, as GC Loader/Swiss can recognize it. It is formatted FAT32. The latest releases of the apps supposedly support SD2SP2.

What am I missing?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: How do I use SNES/NES/SEGA emulators with SD2SP2?

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:23 am

Hmm, where are you downloading these from? You're potentially not using the latest versions or your ROMs etc aren't in the correct folders?
swankerme

Post by swankerme » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:56 am

From the official sites. I am most definitely using the most recent versions, which even state "fixed SD2SP2 support".
swankerme

Post by swankerme » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:59 am

Does anyone have a working SD2SP2 folder structure with these emulator .dol / folders, which they could upload for comparison and I could then copy/paste? (Minus roms of course)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:42 am

Oh, you're probably using exFAT, these emulators only support FAT32. Swiss supports exFAT which is what might be confusing you.
swankerme

Post by swankerme » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:40 am

No, I am using FAT32.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:04 am

Okay, something might be up with your SD2SP2 and/or the SD card you're using then. You should be able to typically just extract the release from something like FCEU-GX straight to the root of your SD card and you'll have the structure setup properly. These emulators also typically set up the folder structure if it's missing.
swankerme

Post by swankerme » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:42 am

How do I go about verifying the integrity of the SD2SP2? Swiss recognizes it, and I can run GBI off of it, as well as save Swiss settings. However, these emulators are not working, and also, as I mentioned in another thread, I am unable to utilize the virtual memory card feature. It is saying my virtual memory cards are corrupt. Possibly connected?
MaziRoddy999

Post by MaziRoddy999 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:49 am

Not to necromorph such a old thread, but for whatever reason, I can't get any of my homebrew/emulation apps to recognize the file path on my SD2SP2. I use the following apps: Not64, Enhanced mGBA, FCE Ultra GX, Genesis Plus GX, Snes9x GX, and Visual Boy Advance GX. Anybody else run into this issue?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:55 am

Make sure your SD card is formatted as FAT32 and not exFAT.
Maddkatt

Post by Maddkatt » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:54 am

If you are using exfat, what you can do is partition the SD card to have a fat32 partition as well and point your settings to load to it.
swankerme

Post by swankerme » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:08 am

Long time follow up, but with a different issue. I did get these to work. However, I recently acquires a CRT, and the snes9x and FCEUX emulators do not work on the it. They load with no video. The Genesis GX emulator has no issues.

Is this a known display issue?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:23 am

They probably boot up with EDTV video mode for whatever reason. Don't boot with anything plugged in the digital AV port.
If you need the digital AV to connect to the CRT, you'll have to mask the detection pin with kapton tape, as I remember someone reported those emus always use progressive modes for their GUID, and don't think this has been adressed.

As a side note, if you had them working, don't update them or you may come across more problems.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
niuus

Post by niuus » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:57 am

swankerme wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:08 am
Long time follow up, but with a different issue. I did get these to work. However, I recently acquires a CRT, and the snes9x and FCEUX emulators do not work on the it. They load with no video. The Genesis GX emulator has no issues.

Is this a known display issue?
I've never had a component video cable to test on GCN. Can you confirm Snes9xRX does the same?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:21 pm

This topic was about emulators running with SD2SP2, isn't SNES 9xRX supposed to be the Wii version? So there is probably no SD2SP2 support in this.

I suppose the Wii version will display according to the console's settings, if it can run off the letterbomb exploit, I may give it a try.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)