Question for Super Mario Kart fans

NES/SNES/N64
reversalmushroom

Question for Super Mario Kart fans

Post by reversalmushroom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm

What do you guys think of Super Circuit? It's just that Super Circuit is a lot like Super Mario Kart, so I was wondering how it stacks up to the original in the eyes of SMK fans. And I want in-depth answers here. Tell me specific things that you like and dislike about it.
Who would win in a fight between you and yo mama?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Question for Super Mario Kart fans

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:55 am

Not sure how in-depth I can go, but Super Circuit seemed like a weaker version of Super Mario Kart to me. The tracks were enough to keep me playing it for a while but not as much as Super Mario Kart. I guess I'm a bit biased because by the time they released Super Circuit, to me at least, Super Mario Kart was already embedded a classic, but I guess that shouldn't have mattered all that much since they've done the same thing so many years later with "New" Super Mario Bros. and the like.

My first experience with Super Circuit was probably to blame for my negative review of the game as I initially played it on an emulator (way back then) when it was first released, which means it had hollow sound and washed out visuals as I maximised it to 800x600 :P
saintcroix92

Re: Question for Super Mario Kart fans

Post by saintcroix92 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Not sure how in-depth I can go, but Super Circuit seemed like a weaker version of Super Mario Kart to me. The tracks were enough to keep me playing it for a while but not as much as Super Mario Kart. I guess I'm a bit biased because by the time they released Super Circuit, to me at least, Super Mario Kart was already embedded a classic, but I guess that shouldn't have mattered all that much since they've done the same thing so many years later with "New" Super Mario Bros. and the like.

My first experience with Super Circuit was probably to blame for my negative review of the game as I initially played it on an emulator (way back then) when it was first released, which means it had hollow sound and washed out visuals as I maximised it to 800x600 :P
Your review actually sounds pretty accurate! Super Circuit just doesn't hold a candle to SMK - even without all the nostalgia and what-not.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handey