I am having trouble getting CleanRip to rip my discs

All your homebrew software needs & discussion
Zipporah

I am having trouble getting CleanRip to rip my discs

Post by Zipporah » Sat May 21, 2016 4:52 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first time on these forums and I am looking for a little bit of help. I have been trying to get CleanRip to get my game on a flash drive, but I always get a write error message whether I am using FAT32 or NTFS. There have not been many people reporting this online and the couple I found did not get answers to fix it. When I used NTFS my game started to download, but after about 30% I got the write error message and then the screen went black without anything happening. With FAT32 it happened immediately. Another thing to note, was that the game was a GameCube game and the ETA said it should take an over an hour and thirty minutes, which I find strange for a GameCube game. For my Wii game it estimated about six hours before stopping. I am also using a 16GB flash drive compatible with both 2.0 and 3.0.

The problem should not be my game as the discs are in extremely good condition. I have also already tried Rawdump and friidump after ordering a GDR8082n, which is supposed to be supported, but Rawdump said I had a faulty drive and friidump would always fail at retrieving disc seeds.

Can anyone help me? I am starting to get a little disheartened at all of these things not working and I was really looking forward to using Dolphin. If you need more information on my problem, I will try to give it.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: I am having trouble getting CleanRip to rip my discs

Post by emu_kidid » Sun May 22, 2016 7:59 am

Are you using the latest version of CleanRip? Grab it from here while I migrate releases over to github: https://code.google.com/archive/p/cleanrip/downloads
Zipporah

Post by Zipporah » Sun May 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply, emu_kidid! I had just gotten some help on it and apparently my flash drive was the problem and it did not want to work properly for some reason, so I had to use my SD card. I also have the latest version. :) I also want to thank you for working on CleanRip and helping others like myself to rip our games. It is a very nice feature, so thank you for all of your hard work. Keep it up!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 pm

Off topic, old topic, closed.