- PAL/NTSC region force
- installation control LEDs
- switchable read setting adjustment / error retry
- switchable audiofix
- anti-static packaging
- extremely low cost

Settings:
General Info
You can adjust a few settings by holding various buttons on controller 1 while booting a game - this means from just before and during the black screen as the boot up menu goes away and the game starts up. The settings will be in effect per boot and not change behaviour permanently.

[L button] Disable audiofix
If you modified your backup images to work with bioses that didn't support streaming audio correctly, you can disable the native fix.

[R button] Disable DREfix
Turns off the native read adjustment/retries. Can be useful if you want to scan a disc for read errors. The chip will not try to prevent any errors and use the default read settings

[X/Y button] Force NTSC/PAL display mode
Will force the selected region's display mode regardless of the actual game region. This will work for some games, for others it won't.

[START button] Version display
On a version 1.0 XenoGC it shows some basic version info (Chip, GC and drive)
On a version 2.0 XenoGC it shows the XenoShell which only runs in PAL50 (bug?) and is only useful for running MultiGame discs (not multi-disc games).

Status LEDs
The XenoGC features two status LEDs to indicate correct function. The red LED is active when the drive resets and the chip is doing its job. Once the drive has been patched successfully, the green (or orange on XenoGC2.0 and clones) LED will light up. Check your install if you only get the red LED, or it doesn't light up at all.
enterthehatrix

Re: XenoGC

Post by enterthehatrix » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 am

This was my modchip of choice when building portables for clients. It allowed me to use PAL gamecubes for NTSC customers with no complaints. It was completely invisible too so they got a region free console without the modchip menus.

Unfortunately I have no idea where to get it anymore. For the last gamecube I sent out I ended up having to use my own Xeno. Anyone know where I can get one? Not vital as I have Qoob Pro that I could just reinstall.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:47 am

You can get them from assembler - he has some surplus stock.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:00 am

and if he sold out...eurasia still has them in stock
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:07 pm

XenoGC also supports action replay, how ever I have not tested this, can some one test if it boots a backup if action replay is inserted? and does it work with gcnrd?
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:20 pm

I booted up a copy of Action Replay but never get it to load sdload...
gtmtnbiker

Post by gtmtnbiker » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:55 pm

andzlay wrote:I booted up a copy of Action Replay but never get it to load sdload...
I was able to do this with Viper Extreme but I have never tried it with Xeno. I don't expect it to not work.

It was tricky getting AR/SDLoad to work. Mainly it was due to getting the code to enter correctly and without mistakes. There's no easy way to edit.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:02 pm

In the end I don't need it because I bought a SD Media Launcher for use with unmodded cubes. And on the modded cubes I can use swiss disc :)
inukaze

Post by inukaze » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:25 am

I have this Modchip , someone can tellme , all methods or softwares to load dols , from SDhc homemade ???

I wanna know , to search and found all that for test in my ngc.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:06 am

inukaze,
As I'm telling you everywhere else, please make a SINGLE thread to ask all of your questions as you seem to have difficulty learning things on your own or via the search button.
gabeNcubeN

Post by gabeNcubeN » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:00 am

Howdy! I have a spare ATMEGA32u2 based Minimus AVR 32k and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to port the XenoGC to it, as I've just used ATMEL FLIP to burn the XenoGC hex to the device, wired it up accordingly, but still nothing happens?

a better proposition would be to figure out how to use the Minimus to burn the XenoGC hex file to one of my spare ATMEGA8-16pu chips

I'm fairly certain that the ATMEGA8/16/32 series chipsets are nearly all code compatible...I'm just missing a wiring step most likely...
minimus32k.jpg
(14.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
~Wub Wub~

Black Gamecube MinimusGC: Project on hold until I can get more MinimusAVR's :x
Purple Gamecube XenoGC: Waiting for Arduino to arrive in Mail :)
gabeNcubeN

Post by gabeNcubeN » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:25 am

gabeNcubeN wrote:Howdy! I have a spare ATMEGA32u2 based Minimus AVR 32k and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to port the XenoGC to it, as I've just used ATMEL FLIP to burn the XenoGC hex to the device, wired it up accordingly, but still nothing happens?

a better proposition would be to figure out how to use the Minimus to burn the XenoGC hex file to one of my spare ATMEGA8-16pu chips

I'm fairly certain that the ATMEGA8/16/32 series chipsets are nearly all code compatible...I'm just missing a wiring step most likely...
minimus32k.jpg
So, as the XenoGC Clone comes with all the Source code, poking around in it leads me to something like the LED code:
// green
#define LED1_ON PORTB &=~0x80
#define LED1_OFF PORTB |= 0x80
// red
#define LED2_ON PORTC &=~0x01
#define LED2_OFF PORTC |= 0x01
#define LED_INIT DDRB = 0x80; DDRC = 1;

So, in theory, moving around the pin assignments is going to be a piece of cake, I can assign the LED's to the built in LEDs on the minimus and make it USB updateable...

Hopefully after an Energy Drink and a few hours in WinAVR, I should have a working "MinimusGC" Hex for those of you who couldnt/wouldn't be arsed to build an ATMEGA8 programmer :)

Edit: I could use some help with reading this source code, I'm scouring the forums for hints and tips right now, but yeah it's rearranging the pins at this point!
Last edited by gabeNcubeN on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Wub Wub~

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:52 am

Cool, keep us posted
gabeNcubeN

Post by gabeNcubeN » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:44 am

the default hex file does in fact function, I moved around the LED's and they worked, unfortunately, I can't seem to find the SCK or OSC Lines and I burned out my current Minimus AVR's solder points, so I'm going to call it a night, as they're 8 euros to buy and I've already used up my xmas present money on a Pic Programmer (LOL).

I'll keep on working on this project, but these chips are effing expensive compared to the Good Ol' ATMega8 which you can get for peanuts.
~Wub Wub~

tglaria

Post by tglaria » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:04 pm

The SCK ans OSC lines where? in the minimus or in the gecko?

http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... noGC_Clone
There's the pinout for the clones, so you could check the lines there.

And according to http://www.atmel.com/images/doc7799.pdf, PB1 is SCK in the Minimus.

Don't get what you wanted with "OSC"
ExtraordinaryBen

Post by ExtraordinaryBen » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:23 am

While the ATmega8 and ATmega88/168/328 are pin compatible, sadly they are not binary compatible. You may get the LEDs to turn on, but the rest of the code will not function properly.

Since "WinAVR 20050214" (which is the recommended version) can target the ATmega8 and ATmega88/168, I started work last year on porting XenoGC's code to the ATmega88/168/328: https://github.com/ExtraordinaryBen/xenogcfork (Untested on actual chip, but should compile. I'll have to doublecheck my offline copy.)
I'm hoping to get back to working on the project this Summer. ;)

Resources:
Atmel's "Replacing ATmega8 by ATmega88"
ATmega48A/PA/88A/PA/168A/PA/328/P Datasheet
ATmega 8/8L Datasheet
L0G4N

Post by L0G4N » Wed May 04, 2016 6:54 am

Hello, I have a XenoGC v2.0 chip that i've been trying to install into my gamecube for some time now. I have messed up the contact points on the normal side where they are no longer usable. I have also discovered my GC is a little different to some peoples too.
Mine in the RJB2281B, the alternative guides that are very helpful can't be used by me because my board is different than the ones I've seen online. Anyone have idea/pictures of ones they have done/can take my image and make a guide for me?

Thanks, Logan.

20160504_023147.jpg
(1.8 MiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri May 06, 2016 8:18 am

Use a multimeter in continuitiy mode and follow the traces/vias to alternate points.
Rochdalemark

Post by Rochdalemark » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 pm

I'm a noob with a GameCube I'd like to mod although I did my Wii a while ago. Id like to put a xeno chip in and I've seen a number for sale but they all state for chip do or k6, DT etc.
How do I tell which one I need?
ReliantLion

Post by ReliantLion » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:48 pm

I have a DOL-001 Gamecube with HDMI done on it. The disc drive is not working with backups consistently and I've tried POT tweaking it all over the place. I want to replace the drive, so I purchased a GC off of Gamestop's website. Obviously, they don't specify which DOL-001 or DOL-101 you'll get. So in the event that I get a DOL-101, can its drive be used in DOL-001 with XenoGC?
Dv8ormods

Post by Dv8ormods » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 am

Listen the pot tweak is like a nanometer to the left counter clockwise too much disc wont spin now if your install is good you should see a red light then flash to the other red light right beside it. You have to look when powered on at it to see if it switches. I use cheap dvd- r n get to boot everytime
novenary

Post by novenary » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:53 am

ReliantLion wrote:I have a DOL-001 Gamecube with HDMI done on it. The disc drive is not working with backups consistently and I've tried POT tweaking it all over the place. I want to replace the drive, so I purchased a GC off of Gamestop's website. Obviously, they don't specify which DOL-001 or DOL-101 you'll get. So in the event that I get a DOL-101, can its drive be used in DOL-001 with XenoGC?
It will work.