Wiikey Fusion

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
megalomaniac

Wiikey Fusion

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:25 am

for more information see wiki page http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.ph ... key_Fusion

Firmware releases

Wiikey Fusion 1.0 Initial Release

DVD Direct Boot Supported
GC WBFS Menu NOT Supported

Wiikey Fusion 1.1
Fixes one bug causing DVD games to loop back to the system menu before starting, and another bug whereby SD cards are not properly detected and the last game played from DVD show up in disc channel instead of the Wiikey Fusion menu.

wkf_upd_1_1.iso.rar
(724.32 KiB) Downloaded 1303 times

Wiikey Fusion 1.2
This update fixes a few bugs that some users have been experiencing: namely a bug causing some DVDs not to eject when the eject button is pressed and another bug causing the flash update to fail/freeze if the SW3 dip switch is accidentally in the OFF position. This update also makes some improvements to the alignment of the selection menu cursor.

wkf_upd_1_2.iso.rar
(733.01 KiB) Downloaded 1236 times

Wiikey Fusion 1.3
A minor update to allow full support for GC images to SD cards formatted with the WBFS filesystem.

GC WBFS Menu Supported
wkf_upd_1_3.iso.rar
(736.71 KiB) Downloaded 1321 times

Wiikey Fusion 1.4
Partially fixes an issue that causes the Mii/Photo channel to crash on some Wiis when no SD card is present. With this update, all Wiis should now work as long as SD card or DVD is present. This will be completely resolved in the upcoming 1.5 firmware update. Various other minor bugfixes and improvements have been included in this release

DVD Direct Boot NOT Supported
GC WBFS Menu Supported
wkf_upd_1_4.iso.rar
(735.11 KiB) Downloaded 1274 times

Wiikey Fusion 1.5
This update should fix the problem loading DVD backups.

DVD Direct Boot NOT Supported
GC WBFS Menu Supported
wkf_upd_1_5.iso.rar
(728.46 KiB) Downloaded 1686 times
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Re: Wiikey Fusion

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:28 am

Wiikey Fusion 1.2 Recovery
To help users who have had a bad flash while upgrading their Wiikey Fusion (ie: if the power went out in the middle of updating). This update provides the same firmware update as the regular Wiikey Fusion Update v1.2 released on 8th June, but it runs in recovery mode. Use this only if you are unable to apply the regular v1.2 update. Be sure to read the readme.txt instructions carefully before installing, as it requires more steps than a regular Wiikey Fusion update.

Flash Recovery
See included readme.txt for further instructions
wkf_recover_1_2.iso.rar
restore iso + readme.txt
(733.2 KiB) Downloaded 1537 times

WBFS MANAGER 4.0
Gamecube ISO support
posted by emu_kidid
64bit x64
32bit x86:

WKF Original Firmware Menus for Swiss on Flash
Boot into Original WKF menu from swiss on flash
youtube video
WKF menu requires WBFS formatted card so you need to do a card swap after loading
Load titles from WBFS.
use to change / save WKF configuration menu settings
cannot mix and match firmware and menu or you will receive a DRE
WKF_Menus.zip
WKF original menus
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 1362 times
Last edited by megalomaniac on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 am

WBFS manager quirks and bugs...

im not sure if anyone else has posted this info before, but i had a chance to play with WKF firmware 1.0
as indicated there is no WBFS Gamecube Menu support..this means GC titles will not be displayed in the WKF menu, but can still be played if you press right on the d-pad under the "mounting" entry displayed in the WKF menu...
while it is not ideal to use version 1.0 because you will never be able to select which title you want to load, i noticed something very odd....

when i tried to load a title listed as "mounting"...Swiss was the title loaded
looking in WBFS manager, swiss was not listed as a title...
so how can Swiss be loading??

time to start troubleshooting:

i deleted all titles listed in WBFS manager except for 1 title "robotech"
then after booting into the WKF menu and loading the entry "mounting" (as shown in pic above)....swiss was still loaded...
WTF??

i formatted the card using WBFS FORMAT button and transfered robotech to the sd card as the only title on the card...
then after booting into the WKF menu and loading the entry "mounting"....robotech was finally loaded...

on to more troubleshooting:

with the card in WBFS manager, i deleted robotech so no entries were listed in WBFS manager....
then after booting into the WKF menu i saw two entries for "fusion configuration"...i hit d-pad right and i entered into the fusion configuration options....i went down to save, hit d-pad right to save. then d-pad right again and robotech was loaded...

...and some more troubleshooting
i performed the exact same tests in firmware WKF 1.3, robotech is properly displayed in the WKF menu

and same as before:
with the card in WBFS manager, i deleted robotech so no entries were listed in WBFS manager....
then after booting into the WKF menu i saw two entries for "fusion configuration"...i hit d-pad right and i entered into the fusion configuration options....i went down to save, hit d-pad right to save. then d-pad right again and robotech was loaded...

conclusion
using WBFS manager to "delete" titles does not remove the title from the SD card, it seems to only "unlist" the entry...but the data is still on the card...only formatting the card will remove titles
Attachments
1.3_normal.jpg
(20.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
1.3_delete.jpg
(22.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
1.0_normal.jpg
(21.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
1.0_delete.jpg
(19.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Image Image Image
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:41 am

Well, this seems to be a bug in WBFS Manager. It would be nice now that the staff makes programming create a patch or a new version of the program to correct the problem. Great tests.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 am

WBFS 4.0 64bit x64:
wbfs_manager_4_0_x64.rar
(3.37 MiB) Downloaded 2281 times
WBFS 4.0 32bit x86:
WBFS Manager 4.0x86.zip
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 1500 times
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:26 pm

second post updated, added WKF original menus for use with swiss on flash

Image Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 am

Use this tool to write the WKF 1.2 recovery ISO raw to an SD card if required on windows:
http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/

Requires 3.5 .NET framework

Mirror:
usbit.zip
(251.81 KiB) Downloaded 1063 times
Attachments
usbit01.jpg
(34.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
vonfnas

Post by vonfnas » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:01 am

So, I got my Wiikey Fusion yesterday.

I bought it at a local shop, and they told me that it's a legit WiiKey Fusion-chip, and not a clone.
Not that it matters, but out of curiosity, is there a way to tell if it's legit?