How to load swiss to flash into viper without programmer

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
andre104623

How to load swiss to flash into viper without programmer

Post by andre104623 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:08 am

So after messing with my viper GC trying to install swiss to flash with my USB programmer which did work fine 3 years ago but for some reason I could not load anything into flash with 3 computers and I don't use windows anymore only linux and macOS. I deleted swiss from cobra menu before I was about to load the new version of swiss from my main linux computer (which works just fine with qoob pro I done it before I updated the viper). A month passes of my free time to try to load swiss in the viper with cobra manger with it just error after error after error I was able to dump a copy of resident evil 4 from my own copy and take screen shots I mean sometimes it would have a error but it would work with wine on linux using viper's tools

Now using the qoob pro everything works great a lot less DRE's and better with GCvideo which all my cubes have and soon my N64 but that's another story. I noticed a disc explorer in the menu of cobra which does a very cool thing I can explorer the disc and pick a file then copy it to flash!!! That's it so I got to work with imgburn and made a .img file with swiss_viper.dol and every NES,SNES, and turbografx 16 rom and burned it to a disc I mean why not discs are getting hard to find and 8cm discs are 4.00!!USD a disc! So I used a normal sized dvd-r. My mini dvd's are for games only!!!

Loaded it in the Cube went into cobra menu explored the disc read it perfect and found the swiss_viper.dol and pressed copy YES!!!! it WORKED!!!. After a month I found a way to load dol's to the vipers flash without a programmer (even though I f***ing have one!) and before someone says something about wine and linux I also used a windows XP computer which also error out. I have no Idea why I cant load anything from USB and also tried loaded cobra2.1 with SD load BIOS and that also didnt work so I don't know maybe its getting old even though I bought the viper new 3 years ago but hey at least this method might help everyone with a viper without a programmer I don't know if it would work with the first viper version but viper extreme users now have I way to load swiss without a USB programmer