Xeno Modchip Problems

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Davidbfkfjfjdj

Xeno Modchip Problems

Post by Davidbfkfjfjdj » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:10 pm

So I attempted to mod my gc today using the xeno modchip, I mounted the chip directly on the board but I only saw a constant red light, so i retried one more time and then decided to use wires instead but still not working.. after fucking around with my multimeter for 2 hours and doublechecking every connection and looking for bridges i found that one of the pins of the atmega ic of the modchip wasnt connected to its pad.... But after fixing it i still see only red light. The chip for some reason also has two red LEDs which makes it hard to get any info on whats happening. Holding start while starting the gamecube also has no effect. I have read in some posts that some chips arrive without beeing flashed, would I be seeing a constant red light in that case?
Im also scared that i grilled the chip in my numerous attemts, any way to check if its still funktional?
Im confident that its properly connected and that there are no bridges and i am very sad please help
Diego borella

Re: Xeno Modchip Problems

Post by Diego borella » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:28 pm

could you send the photos of the board wires, the xeno chip, to see how it looks ???
SWISS USER :geek:
Davidbfkfjfjdj

Post by Davidbfkfjfjdj » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:36 am

Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:22 am

Ripp off this XenoShit, and just forget about it, it is just not worth the hassle and risk frying a rarefacting GC anymore.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
TorqueEmPup

Post by TorqueEmPup » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 am

Yeah, I've have nothing but issues with the XenoGC. First time I attempted it like 10 or so years ago, I killed a gamecube dvd drive. Second attempt a couple months ago, had the same issue as OP, even used wires to make 100% sure the connections were good, and still only single red solid LED.

I think most of these that are getting churned out are DOA.
Davidbfkfjfjdj

Post by Davidbfkfjfjdj » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:49 am

I decided to check the complete chip today as a last attemt and found 3 more disconnected pins... They looked perfectly connected and i really dont understand how the manufacturer managed to do such a shitty job buuuuuut its working now so whatever.
Thanks for your time guys