Game Boy Interface

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Linkr2

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Linkr2 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:11 pm

Extrems wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:40 pm
Make sure your SD card isn't formatted as exFAT. That's not supported outside of Swiss.
That did the trick! Working flawlessly in FAT32. These new bigger SD cards already come formatted as exFAT these days! Thanks Extrems : D GBI is amazing!
HiKari

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by HiKari » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:40 pm

Greetings! Also new here; I just discovered that this was a place at all and had to join as soon as I spotted it, though I also happen to have a bit of a situation on my hands.-

I've been using GBI for a few days now. It's a super capable piece of software that has been a really useful tool for me (it runs my flashcart without crashing, unlike the regular Gameboy Player's software) and I'm enjoying it so far! Unfortunately, though, I'm having issues as far as enabling overlays is concerned. Before I get into where I'm currently at, I'll just establish what I already have set up and tried:

- I'm using a burnt Swiss disc on my GameCube through the usage of XenoGC chip. The Swiss version that I am using is v0.6. I'm running GBI - and the rest of my games, at the moment - off of an SDGecko in Slot B.
- I have the extras package and it's GBI folder merged with the main package's GBI folder, as per (what I recall of) the instructions on the wiki.
- I'm using the standard edition, but with a .cli file that contains the same info that's inside of the example.cli file. (The one that makes GBI mimic the Gameboy Player's color style)
- I've moved files all over the place through the root of the SD card and repeatedly edited my .cli file throughout my various testing attempts. Currently, I just have it set up to what would be the default file placement (or, at least, what I'm assuming is default) based on what the GBI's Wiki page's instructions would imply.
- Bonus piece of information: I've had mixed luck with getting the settings to change on the 'before boot' GBI settings menu whatsoever, honestly. For instance, I tried turning off/on Enhancements, but altering that setting didn't seem to do anything either. (I did this primarily to try and get a 32Mb GBAVideo game to load.)

To circle back to the main issue: throughout all of my different testing attempts, I have yet to get any overlays to show up, whether they be custom or the default 20. (For the custom ones, I made sure to change the overlay setting in the .cli; still nothing) I'm unsure of what could be causing it not to function, so I figured I'd try my luck with turning to here as a means of getting some more info on what's going wrong.

Am I missing something critical in regards to how the overlay files - or settings changes in general - are supposed to be recognized by GBI? If that's the case, I'm going to hope that the issue here is stemming from the fact that I just bungled following an instruction, as the chances of that are absolutely a non-zero, lol. Thank you all for your time; any kind of advice or direction would be super appreciated, but no pressure! Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything, also - I've tested so much that I've kind of lost track of what's worked and what hasn't apart from the overlay, xaxa.