cleanrip 2.1.1 from vwii issues

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
etcwilliams

cleanrip 2.1.1 from vwii issues

Post by etcwilliams » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:28 am

trying to rip games from the wiiu in virtual wii mode , issue one i have is i formatted a usb drive/1tb wd black (not usb powered) ntfs windows can see it but when i plug it in the wiiu back usb port either one when it asked it does not see it.

the other issue i have so since that didnt work i plugged in fat32 32gb flash in and that could see it, but i rip one wii game, when it ask me to do another disc it get almost to the end but crashes?! and it ends back to the homebrew menu. btw i download it from the homebrew broweser app store on the vwii.

thanks for helping
Papy.G

Re: cleanrip 2.1.1 from vwii issues

Post by Papy.G » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:52 am

Cleanrip is a homebrew that relies on specific hardware characteristics, not sure it is supposed to work in any emulator. :|
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
etcwilliams

Post by etcwilliams » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:18 am

Papy.G wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:52 am
Cleanrip is a homebrew that relies on specific hardware characteristics, not sure it is supposed to work in any emulator. :|

well it seems i dont have issues using the sd card option, which i just tried, so maybe it the usb flash drive?
i know the use ports are fine, since i can run games off of usb loader gx in the vwii mode.
but i would like to use usb drive
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:38 am

I've never tested it on vWii so you're probably running into issues caused by the nuances of the simulation of certain Wii things. Other homebrew might be equally effected too when using USB.