Ralf@gc-forever Door skip code for REmake NTSC-U

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

kesterstudios

Ralf@gc-forever Door skip code for REmake NTSC-U

Post by kesterstudios » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:47 pm

Is it possible you can make a door skip code for NTSC-U Resident Evil Remake? One already exists for PAL. Resident Evil Remake is the only game Resident Evil game on GameCube that doesn't have a door skip code for NTSC-U.
RudyC3

Re: Ralf@gc-forever Door skip code for REmake NTSC-U

Post by RudyC3 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Hey buddy. I was looking for the exact same code cause I knew it existed for PAL but sadly the PAL version can't be forced to be run in 480p on real hardware (at least not with Nintendont on Wii or Wii U, and that really annoyed me).

The best solution when you can't find a code is to make it yourself, but I had no idea where to start, I've never dabbled into that before. Using this guide https://smashboards.com/threads/guide-t ... bs.336650/ and using Chris Wright's code (from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMtLRVAJEHE ) as a base to understand what that code did exactly, I got to work using a dolphin emulator, a NTSC-U copy of the game and Dolphin Memory Engine to monitor the ram as the game was running. I noted that existing Gecko Codes common to both PAL and NTSC-U had a memory offset difference of exactly 0x390E0 (memory locations on PAL seem to be shifted higher up by that value).

So I monitored the RAM around the same location as what the PAL code affected, minus that offset of 0x390E0 while loading through doors in the game and lo and behold, at 0x802283b0 I found just what I was looking for.

Here's the code:

Press A to Skip Door Loading Sequence [Chris Wright on YT], Ported from PAL to NTSC-U by RudyC3
281ed27e 00000100
102283b0 00000002
e2000001 80008000

I just tried it on my Wii U, with the game injected in a Wii VC title and running on Nintendont, as well as on my Wii, still with Nintendont, and the code seems to work great on real hardware, as well as on Dolphin.

Enjoy the code! Cheers!
kesterstudios

Re: Ralf@gc-forever Door skip code for REmake NTSC-U

Post by kesterstudios » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:23 am

RudyC3 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 pm
Hey buddy. I was looking for the exact same code cause I knew it existed for PAL but sadly the PAL version can't be forced to be run in 480p on real hardware (at least not with Nintendont on Wii or Wii U, and that really annoyed me).

The best solution when you can't find a code is to make it yourself, but I had no idea where to start, I've never dabbled into that before. Using this guide https://smashboards.com/threads/guide-t ... bs.336650/ and using Chris Wright's code (from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMtLRVAJEHE ) as a base to understand what that code did exactly, I got to work using a dolphin emulator, a NTSC-U copy of the game and Dolphin Memory Engine to monitor the ram as the game was running. I noted that existing Gecko Codes common to both PAL and NTSC-U had a memory offset difference of exactly 0x390E0 (memory locations on PAL seem to be shifted higher up by that value).

So I monitored the RAM around the same location as what the PAL code affected, minus that offset of 0x390E0 while loading through doors in the game and lo and behold, at 0x802283b0 I found just what I was looking for.

Here's the code:

Press A to Skip Door Loading Sequence [Chris Wright on YT], Ported from PAL to NTSC-U by RudyC3
281ed27e 00000100
102283b0 00000002
e2000001 80008000

I just tried it on my Wii U, with the game injected in a Wii VC title and running on Nintendont, as well as on my Wii, still with Nintendont, and the code seems to work great on real hardware, as well as on Dolphin.

Enjoy the code! Cheers!
DUDE thanks so much! You're amazing!!!!