Enable Zuru mode on Animal Crossing?

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

TheAutisticGamer

Enable Zuru mode on Animal Crossing?

Post by TheAutisticGamer » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:16 am

Hello! So I happen to have a copy of the US version of animal crossing for the gamecube. I was wondering how to use HxD on it to enable "Zuru mode" which was a special debug mode found. There are two varients: Zuru mode 1 and Zuru mode 2. Zuru mode 1 can be enabled by doing a certain button combo anytime in the game. But Zuru mode 2 requires you to hex edit byte #7 and set it to 0x99 (or 0x90 through 0x98 so it doesnt enable it immediatly).

Just to simplfy: How exactly do I edit one byte on HxD? And what format do I put it in? Thanks in advance!
If python is a type of snake and also a coding language. Will my computer bite me if I program?
GizmoTheGreen

Re: Enable Zuru mode on Animal Crossing?

Post by GizmoTheGreen » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:52 pm

HxD uses HEX, and find the byte and you type... if you wanna change only one number in the pairs (like 0A to 0B, you type 0B) only one will turn red to show it's edited

it's sounds funny when you say zuru mode... it's probably supposed to be Tool mode, from katakana ツール, which is how japanese say the english word Tool "tsu---ru"
Papy.G

Re: Enable Zuru mode on Animal Crossing?

Post by Papy.G » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:56 pm

Thank you for clearing that up, as I wondered if it was a typo, and maybe it was about:
A: Guru mode 8-)
B: Zulu mode :roll:
C: Nuru mode :mrgreen:

Sorry for that useless post, just hope it made you grin at least, late here, I'm gonna sleep. :oops:
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)