Dragon Ball Z: Budokai

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

RashFaustinho

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai

Post by RashFaustinho » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:58 pm

Hi there!

So there is this game, called Dragon Ball Z Budokai (the first one) for the Gamecube, which is the superior version of the game thanks to the inclusion of Cell Shading, which is lacking in the Playstation 2 version of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgdjZs3UOck

I'm REALLY trying to get a polished version of this game, so far I've only found a Gecko Code, which deinterlaces the graphic output of the game (which is ideal in those scenarios where the system doesn't correctly handle interlaced output)

Code: Select all

Deinterlacing Patch Code
By Josh_7774
003CB228 00000000
Now, the only thing that's truly lacking for an Hi-res experience is a widescreen patch.

Making a widescreen patch for this game isn't a super easy task, for a simple reason: When you try in some emulators (i.e. Dolphin) to force a Widescreen Enhancement (a built-in emulator feature), the game attempts to run widescreen, but loses it quickly after you perform a Super Attack.

More specifically, the instances where the widescreen is "lost" are the following:
- Launching a cutscene super attack (i.e. Teleport Kamehameha)
- Re-starting a fight in VS Mode

There are probably other instances. Someone made a widescreen code for its sequel (Budokai 2), and it's, like, super long, and it isn't perfect either (i.e. game isn't actually widescreen on the menus) but at least it works

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to approach this? It's so close to being the best version of the game, but without a widescreen patch / code / something it loses some charm

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that the framerate could be improved up to 60 FPS, but that would be an entire other task
RashFaustinho

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai

Post by RashFaustinho » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:50 pm

Up
(Sorry in advance if UPs aren't allowed)