Splinter Cell Game Exploit

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
WkrGC

Re: Splinter Cell Game Exploit

Post by WkrGC » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:50 am

Works on PAL Cube :) thanks
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:49 am

Installed yesterday along with Suloku's DoLauncher (NiHuSu's update) for a guy in my area that wanted to access SWISS and came home with this game (PAL) and a memcard.
It just works, thanks again FIX94.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
sakax

Post by sakax » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:21 am

FIX94 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:04 pm
THIS game, my god it really did not want to work out at all. After days and days of trying all combinations I think I found a working one, it works in dolphin, dios-mios lite and dios-mios so chances are good it'll actually work on a gamecube as well!

Please let me know by grabbing the current release and installing it with a softmodded GC/Wii and GCMM.
The exploit loads a boot.dol installed on your memory card converted with dol2gci (as found in Home Bros) so make sure to also install one with GCMM, it will just crash otherwise.

If you are interested in the source its included on the github page. This time I even added in some comments to the code because this is a pretty complicated piece compared to the previous ones I wrote.

See it in action right here loading Swiss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wQWv8bfRxI

Enjoy :D
Hi FIX94

Thank you for having found a splinter cell save game exploit :mrgreen: I have 2 copies of Spinter Cell on its way to my house this week and will test on 2 different stock PAL gamecubes. Will confirm later this week if all is working fine. Just wondering, is it possible to adapt the exploit savegame to load igr.dol on the SD card instead of boot.dol? This way the same dol can be used by the save game exploit and the one used by swiss to have in game reset working...
DOL-001 NGC - PAL - GCvideo 3.1 - powered by shinehax & swiss
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Keeping them distinct is intentionnal and makes sense, as long as you could want another .dol than SWISS as an IGR.
What would have been nice would have been a shortcut fuctionnality, either in the launchers, or with an app that would generate a .dol that redirects to any named other .dol, then, you can duplicate them and rename to boot, autoexec, ipl, igr or whatever…
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
sakax

Post by sakax » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Yes, now I actually tried it as I received my Splinter Cell game. In fact, I asked a stupid question :) The boot.dol has to be as boot.gci on the memory card :) All working fine! Thanks FIX94 for the cheap exploit :D
DOL-001 NGC - PAL - GCvideo 3.1 - powered by shinehax & swiss
Outrunner

Post by Outrunner » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:39 am

Greetings,

So, its not working. What I am doing with a german gamecube model DE 12408360 DOL-001 (EUR) and splinter cell disk DL-DOL-GCEP-EUR Model number DOL-006(EUR) and in the inner circle on the written side 103D0103 DOL-GCEP-0-00 JPN 50. Its also running on a pal console with gcvideo 3x in 576P native, so yeah. How is that even possible? Native 576P on a pal game. My settings are stored in the gcvideo rom so, no line doubling. The disk was sent from Germany.

Im using the exploit release 1.1.1 gcep file and brosexec gci, the nihuso branch for sd2sp2. I think sd2sp2 version is 1.2a. The memory card is a 59 block third party card. First I format the card with gcmm 1.4 (have not tried original gamecube format, must do). Restore 1.1.1 gcep.gci. Restore the boot.gci from brosexec nihuso ( also tried updated dolx from suluku ), in the sd card samsung evo sdhc 32g format fat32 with 32k sector in the serial port 2. In that sd card in the sd2sp2, I just have an iso folder and a renamed swiss compressed dol latest release r1060, renamed to autoexec.dol.

Exploit loads, map selection on screen with cant find map and tutorial next to it. Load cant find map and it resets the console.

Sd card adapter from wisd coming soon. Cant try that for now. What exactly am I doing wrong?

Edit: It works, problem was with the sd card. Changed the card and boots as intended. Good job meister. Now all I have to decide is what is more funny, exploiting splinter cell or agent 007.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:53 am

If you have 576p in a PAL game from boot, your GC may be hardmodded, if it is booted from SWISS, that's one of the features of it, for 50Hz only games such as FFCC, which is gorgeous, it's a way to enjoy crisp picture on recent TVs and your own language at the same time, beware of FPS or racing games, that can make you sick in 50Hz.

Your SD card might have a first hidden partition, you have to format it with a utility that is known for doing good and clean low level formatting.

I have both SC and 007, my son prefers 007 as it needs less clicking and maybe loads faster, so I put this in the main unit, and SC in the other (I also have the Zeldas, but in no way I would risk them since he already broke my SMS disc).

NeoSNES

Post by NeoSNES » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:15 am

That Splinter Cell Game Exploit for the GameCube and the Original Xbox is Different.