sdpatch for sdloader update [windows 10 compatible]

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
mj_judge

sdpatch for sdloader update [windows 10 compatible]

Post by mj_judge » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 pm

Hey all, it seems that the AR / SD loader without using any save exploits is a fairly old method these days (back from when gcos was new) and most people have access to the wii or exploitable games to get homebrew running.

some people without access to wii / savestates or mod-chips who have an action replay might still find this useful though as you can load homebrew onto a cube with just the action replay and an sd-card adapter (which are now cheap online or you can make one if you have basic soldering skills).

The only issue was the at the old patcher doesn't work on modern systems like windows 7 / windows 10 so I had to boot up a windows XP VM and use a USB card-reader. Costis was nice enough to provide the original sourcecode for this patcher so I updated it to work on windows 10 (64bit pro test )... it should work on other versions too like windows 7 etc, I doubt this will have much use but I have seen a few people posting up questions on how to get it to work on modern systems and hadn't seen any solutions besides "load it on an XP machine."

it works the same similar to how the old one did "sdpatch " did but uses drive numbers instead of drive names.. (you'll probably need administrator privileges too for your command prompt) but if you run sdpatch without any parameters it will spit out a list of connected drives.. simply choose the number of the one you want to patch and run it again but with the drive number.. i.e sdpatch 1

it also spits out the before and after bootsectors of the sd-card for those who like to visibly verify the sd card was changed (good for troubleshooting when you have a black gamecube screen) as you can see the bootsector is ok so any problems are probably adapter or action replay code.

edit; attached the patcher
Attachments
sdload.7z
sdpatch-win7-10
(50.62 KiB) Downloaded 1137 times
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: sdpatch for sdloader update [windows 10 compatible]

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:05 am

A guide for using this stuff would be nice (on the wiki), they're pretty scarcely found these days ;)
mj_judge

Re: sdpatch for sdloader update [windows 10 compatible]

Post by mj_judge » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:19 am

done:

https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=SD_load

I also linked the guide into the "how to run homebrew" page under the Other section.