SoftMod - New Action Reply Disc

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
J1mbo

SoftMod - New Action Reply Disc

Post by J1mbo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:06 am

Hi,

Am wondering if someone can help me out.

I have a new action replay disc version (the one that doesn't allow you to enter codes) and a GC2SD and SD card, is there anyway I can softmod the console with these items (run swiss)?

I don't think its possible as I've formatted the sd card and also used sdpatch to update but its doesn't work on the gamecube.

If I was to order this - https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/SD ... 0580V.aspx - "SD Media Launcher" would that work?

Appreciate any help.
Papy.G

Re: SoftMod - New Action Reply Disc

Post by Papy.G » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:19 pm

There are many games that can be exploited these days, don't bother with SD media Launcher if you can get ahold of a RVL-001 WII just to put the saves needed on a memcard.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
J1mbo

Post by J1mbo » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:02 am

Thanks for the reply.

If I can't get hold of mem card/wii , will the SD media Launcher work though?

Do you need a gamecube memory card if you're using SD media Launcher?

Thanks.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:53 pm

The SD media launcher may work, but you probably will go on to another way of loading SWISS rapidly. Plus, the µSD card adapter is known for its bad quality.
At least, this will be a way to get access to SWISS first to set up any other exploit you may use in the future.

Memcards are not hard to find these days, while you can use virtual memcard, you have to have at least one if you want to boot SWISS via a game save exploit.

You just need to get the Wii for a few, not even need to mod it, Wii's version GCMM can launch from the letterbomb exploit. ;)
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Zephiles

Post by Zephiles » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:56 am

The newer version of the Action Replay discs will automatically boot into the SD Media Launcher menu if an SD Gecko is detected in either of the memory card slots, and the GC2SD should function as an SD Gecko, so you just need an older standard SD card (size of 2GB or less; the Action Replay discs don't support SD cards of type HC nor XC), and it'll allow you to boot any dol file, including the one for Swiss.

With that being said, the older SD cards obviously don't have much space and are really slow, so once Swiss is loaded, you would want to swap to a different SD card, and Swiss should be able to detect this change.
TTYD Speedrunner
N7Kopper

Post by N7Kopper » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:13 pm

Zephiles wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:56 am
The newer version of the Action Replay discs will automatically boot into the SD Media Launcher menu if an SD Gecko is detected in either of the memory card slots, and the GC2SD should function as an SD Gecko, so you just need an older standard SD card (size of 2GB or less; the Action Replay discs don't support SD cards of type HC nor XC), and it'll allow you to boot any dol file, including the one for Swiss.

With that being said, the older SD cards obviously don't have much space and are really slow, so once Swiss is loaded, you would want to swap to a different SD card, and Swiss should be able to detect this change.
XC isn't even a real standard. HC is - it uses different communication protocols and stuff - but XC software is just HC software that can also read exFAT. An XC card formatted to FAT32 will work on anything that is HC compatible.
Borg Number One

Post by Borg Number One » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:51 pm

Hello,

the SD Media Launcher (Action Replay for GameCube) only recognize SD cards (no SDHC and no SDXC).

The maximum standardized size is 2GB. However, there are also many different non-HC SD cards with 4GB, which also work with SD Media Launcher and Action Replay without any problems. Two different 4GB SD cards (non-HC, non-XC) work for me without any problems. (Google: "4Gb SD non-HC" or "4Gbyte SD Card non-XC", ....)

Simply format the SD card with FAT (not xFAT!) and copy the homebrew .DOL files (e.g. Swiss.dol) to the SD card. It is best to rename it as autoexec.dol, then the homebrew will be started automatically by the SD Media Launcher (Action Replay) when the SD card with the SD adapter is inserted in the first memory card slot.