Bricked my wii but have bootmii and priiloader

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
kup11

Bricked my wii but have bootmii and priiloader

Post by kup11 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Hello all,
Got a problem with my wii and cant find a solution.

Few days back soft modded my wii and and installed both bootmii and priiloader for recovery options.
all seemed well and the HBC was installed, Then i got mame wii v1.0, which froze on exiting with a
black screen which had white numbers in like blocks of 10.
So i held down power and rebooted and then nothing BSOD.
There are so many issues and possible fixes on the net, i didn't know what was for the best,
so with bootmii i restored the nand, which all went ok.
But even after nand restore main menu wont load, screen is still black and wiimote wont sync.
Does anybody who may know about or experienced this have a possible solution ?
Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.
cornandbeans

Re: Bricked my wii but have bootmii and priiloader

Post by cornandbeans » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:37 pm

Since I've never experienced a bricking, I'd go find software that offers a bricked disc fix. Decompress the file and copy the iso to a recordable disc using a burning program of your choosing. Then simply pop that bad boy in and let it do its work. If that doesn't work, I'd check WiiBrew or something.

Hope your problem gets solved!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:12 am

An exception followed by a power down doesn't sound like it should've bricked your Wii, it was most likely bricked as soon as you installed Priiloader but you didn't notice since you never rebooted until after mame crashed.

If you have a NAND dump you could always use hardware flash it back on (difficult), or as cornandbeans mentioned, use Wiibrew to diagnose the brick and potentially fix it with a disc swap to brawl + exploit to boot homebrew.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:24 am

How would priiloader have bricked it?
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:34 am

As I recall, priiloader relies on patching the sysmenu with specific patches so that it can launch ahead of time, at least it did once upon a time. Waiting for a Wii expert to chime in with actual details...
kup11

Post by kup11 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:43 am

Thanks for your replies.

Thought id try and flash the nand once more, from when all was good.
No joy, still get a black screen on reboot.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Did you make the NAND back-up before or after you installed priiloader?
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs
Arnachy69

Post by Arnachy69 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:20 pm

kup11 wrote:Thanks for your replies.

Thought id try and flash the nand once more, from when all was good.
No joy, still get a black screen on reboot.
I'll think you restore the nand not on a good way the first thing what the recovery nand say's is verify
when you push the start button or the A on youre wii mote
nothing has changed when verify of youre nand is completed you push than the start but i'll do this on my gamecube controller wii mote i'll don't know how it works
but when you push start button than comes it back with the real nand recovery after this done
reboot youre wii and everything is good now HBC back when you get a black screen when you put on the wii
by this brick i'll hef an solution to let me know

sorry for bad english :(
kup11

Post by kup11 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:11 pm

@ BenoitRen - Hi, I made the the backup straight after installing the HBC and before anything else.

@ learnhacker69 - Hi, I am not sure what your suggesting but thanks anyway.

Earlier cornandbeans suggested trying a disk fix which i have looked into and sounded promising
but alas this was not viable because i have no way to launch the disk anyway.
On a side note i know wiis can be bought cheaply nowadays but i would like to see if i can fix this one.
Last edited by kup11 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xesxen

Post by Xesxen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:05 am

Last time I unbricked my wii, pre-bootmii era, I made an update disc myself and booted the Wii into recovery mode using a Gamecube controller in port 4 (google for the steps, I'm not sure anymore). Maybe you can do that - or do this using an autoboot dvd?
kup11

Post by kup11 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Success :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First of all thanks to all that replied ;)
Also this may help somebody else that's got an old wii that black screens.
After lots of scouring i found my problem, just a quick note. A disc fix would NEVER be able work for me.

The problem was the bluetooth module, yes i could load priiloader and bootmii but this must be because they dont depend
on the module, nothing else would load including wii menu wii games from usbloader nor gamecube games.
Theres not really a test i could find either that could be loaded from the homebrew channel (like a bluetooth test).
Anyways ordered a bluetooth module from ebay and followed this guide to strip down the wii -
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+W ... ement/3456
It wasn't much fun taking all those screws out but was worth it. :D
Xesxen

Post by Xesxen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:26 pm

That's.... weird, I guess?

Anyways, thanks for letting know how you fixed it :)
almmiron

Post by almmiron » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Sorry to revive, but, my wii got the same problem: The blutooth module stopped working, and so the wii was bricked. The HBC works, and so anything that dont use the wiimote exclusively. The problem is that i've bought another bluetooth module, but the wiimote still dont sync. I'm guessing that it would sync under HBC screen, or priiloader screen only by pressing the sync buttons, but nothing happened. Am i missing something? Have I bought a problematic bluetooth module? If you please, what exactly you did to solve your problem, kup11? Thanks since now.
255 is too short.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Sync in the Wii System Menu.
almmiron

Post by almmiron » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:49 am

Wii System Menu Dont works. Black screen. The wii sas black screen bricked.
255 is too short.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:18 am

Well you said it was bricked because the bluetooth module was bad. If it was bricked for some other reason how do you know the old bluetooth module was faulty?
almmiron

Post by almmiron » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:04 pm

I think that was bricked because of the bt module. The things that happened made me think like that, people telling-me on forums, the wiimote didnt sync anywhere that still works (hbc still works, and apps like emulators, with gamecube controller). I dont know for sure, but all makes me think that way.

So, I tought, if the wiimote dont sync, has to be the bluetooth module, that I've changed for a new one(After already tried, but failed, reinstall wii nand (I had the original backup) via botmii, but still black screen...

I already lost hope, and bought a new wii, but this topic gave a glimpse of hope to me again, since th kup11 had the exactly (I think) problem that i had, and he solve it. I simple asked of him more detail of what has he done: Simple change the bluetooth? How he reinstalled the wiimenu (original backup? a clean one from nusdownloader, maybe?)? Well, it seems he dont visit this forum too often...
Last edited by almmiron on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
255 is too short.
PokemonAcer

Post by PokemonAcer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:01 pm

If a WiFi or Bluetooth module become corrupt, die, or otherwise aren't connected, the sysmenu will panic.
kup11

Post by kup11 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:53 am

@ almmiron - Sorry i wasn't about when you posted and a shame you had to get a new wii, i know its been a while (and you are probably not around now) but this info may help others.

when looking for my fix i spoke to someone who bought a new bluetooth controller that was bad (possibly your problem) he then got one from another seller and bingo all fixed.

It definitely seems that if the wii powers up and nothing works and the controller wont sync, or you have priiloader/bootmii loading but then crashing on exit, that's it like 99% chance the bluetooth module.

I followed the wii strip down guide in the above link it wasn't much fun, here is a video to a quick way to do it,
But it goes without saying be careful trying this way, although a lot faster you may damage something else trying to poke it in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... iaKfHHwa_g