how does one update wodejukebox

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
EthernumRasa

how does one update wodejukebox

Post by EthernumRasa » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:29 pm

so i was lucky enough to get a wode jukebox which is functioning very nice, i have allready tried burned iso discs and it works.
now my problem: i wanted to update the firmware as i have:
Boot Ver 00.00
Wode Ver. 2.9A
FPGA Ver 02.00
HW Ver 1

but i found the instruction manuel for the wode and there on one of the pictures i could see this:
Boot Ver 01.01
Wode Ver. 1.20
FPGA Ver 01.20
HW Ver 0

from what i found one can see that my wode version is newer since 2.9A/B where the last versions. but according to the small print in the manual not all parts are updated sometimes when on euses the update.bin file to update.
so how do i update BOOT, FPGA? do i even need to do this? i tried to insert the update.bin with 2.9A in the hopes that all other parts would be updated as well, but the wode just showed loading, then "please wait" then it switched back to the normal screen like nothing has hapened
count.zero

Re: how does one update wodejukebox

Post by count.zero » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:36 pm

Probably the "boot" version is connected to HW version. You already have the latest firmware according to this:

https://wode.obeygravity.de/Downloads#F ... date_Files

Maybe you can downgrade and then upgrade again following those instructions:
https://wode.obeygravity.de/FirmwareDowngrade

but... as a general rule, if it's not broken don't fix it.
EthernumRasa

Re: how does one update wodejukebox

Post by EthernumRasa » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm

I guess you are right, i wound tinker with it anymore. I ended up installing the homebrew channel and then went on to install usb loader and nintendont wich works even better then the wode inside the wii.