A few questions about wii64 1.3

All Wii64 related discussions here
carnage

A few questions about wii64 1.3

Post by carnage » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:01 pm

1- I saw that there was some game hacks on wii64 1.3 that were disabled and used to work on 1.1 like top gear overdrive and top gear hyper bike, and i noticed if i enable them the compilation of the dol fails is there anyone who knows what needs to be changed for that to compile correctly? did some library changed that is now not supported or something?

2-Is there any way to limit DL(FPS) is there any variable that actualy has a limit that one could change manualy? there are some games that run too fast so i would like to know which variable is actualy the one that puts a cap on the dl/fps or even the VI.

3-Why does the wiivc version of the dols have diferent behaviors on limit vis?
If limit vi is set to zero the wiivc version syncs to audio and actualy pplays smash bros at 70 fps without broken audio altough not stable.
if limitvi is set to zero on regular wii versions the games have no speed limits on zero.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: A few questions about wii64 1.3

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:28 am

1. Where'd you notice they were disabled?
2. Not at this stage, what games?
3. Are you using the WiiVC version on a Wii? That's not supported. If it's on a Wii U, can you detail your setup, are you unlocking the CPU multiplier?
carnage

Post by carnage » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:16 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:28 am
1. Where'd you notice they were disabled?
2. Not at this stage, what games?
3. Are you using the WiiVC version on a Wii? That's not supported. If it's on a Wii U, can you detail your setup, are you unlocking the CPU multiplier?
1-you disabled them yourself on this comit here

https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/commi ... 03d2cec10b
"Had to disable gamehacks.c"

i noticed if you enable them the dols will not compile for some reason

Also if you find a way to enable them again you could add this hack? this fixes the gray square on winback and afaik its extremely hard to fix on emulators that is why they found out this way to fix it with gameshark code. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBKeZDwsGGE there is a mediafire link with instructions and code to do this on emulators and i would love to get ride of those loose squares in winback if you can enable gamehacks again consider addding this too.

2-Some games would need a dps limiter being hardcoded since they dont follow any limiter on any mode on wii64/not64
batman beyond usa exclusive 30 dps limit
knife edje nose gunners pal and usa needs to be locked to 20 dps the lock does work until the cut-scene ends and for some reason the lock goes away when you take control of the game
NBA Jam 2000 30 dps for usa and 25 for pal lock needed
NBA Jam 99 30 dps for usa and 25 for pal lock needed
WCW Nitro usa exclsuive lock to 30 dps

3- using wiivc on both wii and wiiu has the exact same results.
Without changing the cpu clock which means it stays on 2
if limit vi is set to 0 it will play the audio correctly although the fps isnt locked if you limitvi to anything other than 0 you get garbled audio on many games the worst offender in smash bros play it and you will see the difference, being on wii or wiiu makes no diference its the same result. people on wiis are using wiivc version with limitvis set to zero so they can get good audio since the none wiivc versions if you set to zero you just loose limiter altogether.fix94 added a lock by audio to his recompile when limitvi is set to zero im guessing you imported this thing he did on his fork somehow when passing wiiugamepad code.

Basicaly from what we all figured out on gbatemp wii641.3 has some audio problem somewhere and many games get constant static like smash bros , beetle adventure racing and many more and the only way to get good audio is to use the wiivc on both wiis and wiiu and set limitvi set to 0 since it runs games abit jerky like 63 fps and so on but the audio is good, for example smash bros runs at 69-70 dps but the audio isnt garbled.So this has some sort of lock whatever fix94 did.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed May 04, 2022 8:40 am

1. I've reinstated gamehacks.c and added a Pilot Wings shadow fix + Winback square fix under glN64. This didn't seem to fix Top Gear games though.

3. I'm not so sure about this, he tweaked some buffer sizes and wait conditions in gc_audio.c but I'd gated those to only apply on the wiivc builds so that's probably why your experience differs when using that version.

As an aside, do you know if c2w patching to unlock the multiplier is supposed to work under tiramisu? I can't get the old stuff to work anymore on my Wii U after moving to tiramisu.
carnage

Post by carnage » Wed May 04, 2022 8:53 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:40 am
1. I've reinstated gamehacks.c and added a Pilot Wings shadow fix + Winback square fix under glN64. This didn't seem to fix Top Gear games though.

3. I'm not so sure about this, he tweaked some buffer sizes and wait conditions in gc_audio.c but I'd gated those to only apply on the wiivc builds so that's probably why your experience differs when using that version.

As an aside, do you know if c2w patching to unlock the multiplier is supposed to work under tiramisu? I can't get the old stuff to work anymore on my Wii U after moving to tiramisu.
1- top gear games do work on 1.1 maybe the hack needs to be adjusted somehow some code changed? Nice to see those hacks working on gl build

Hopefully you can add winback hack to rice too since winback runs so much better on rice than glide, also dont forget that your ricevideolinux.ini for some reason does not work on rice only fix94 one does bad file or something? no idea.

Afaik tiramisu does not support elf files that is why overclock doesn't work on tiramisu, I'm still on cbhc because of that, someone needs to make the c2w patcher different, maybe into a RPX for tiramisu or something.Also some fowarders that had their own hacks like retroarch and such dont work on tiramisu so i heard too so meh im happy on my cbhc for sure :P
Last edited by carnage on Wed May 04, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carnage

Post by carnage » Wed May 04, 2022 9:08 am

Btw about point 2 if you can't limit fps inside wii64 itself I found a GameShark for knife edge USA for example since this game is a nightmare to cap speed on most emulators too

You need to cheat at this game!

Knife Edge - Nose Gunner (U)
FPS Fix

811978D0 0000
811978D2 0000

Note: WIP, makes the game run at 20 fps making it playable. Menus are still too fast probably need to be 30fps to match the N64.
carnage

Post by carnage » Wed May 04, 2022 11:00 pm

emu_kidid wrote:

just tested your gamehacks
pokemon snap you can move the camera now but the pictures are not recognized so it continues to be unplayable but it didnt work on 1.1 either so meh.

Winback works great now altough gl build has some gfx errors if you could port this hack to rice it would be perfect since rice runs the game much better so i hope you can get this hack into rice pluggin too.

the gamehacks for both top gear hyper bike and overdrive do work but only for intrepreter now and gl build(rice build does work intrepreter on overdrive but not on hyper bike :S), on 1.1 those hacks worked in dynarec now they only work on intrepreter for some reason? did some dynarec code chnaged that now makes the hacks not work when in dynarec?

pilotwings altough the hacks works on gl build when you finish a stage and do quit or exit it will get stuck on a black screen with green grid full of blakc and white squares so this solved the shadow issue but made the game unbeatable on gl build.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu May 05, 2022 3:36 am

Regarding Top Gear Overdrive / Hyper Bike, the dynarec has significantly changed from 1.1 as have other parts of the emulator which deal with accuracy (for the better in most cases) but clearly not in this case.

Pokemon Snap requires proper framebuffer emulation.

Winback, I can probably port it to Rice but it's not immediately obvious where the change would slot in, Rice is very very different to glN64.

The "hack" for Pilot wings didn't look right where I sourced it from (Daedalus.cht file), it appears to modify the same addresses multiple times, I'll see if I can find a cleaner version of it or rework it myself. Just to confirm, was that the (U) ROM? If I can't fix it I'll have to remove this.
carnage

Post by carnage » Thu May 05, 2022 6:01 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:36 am
Regarding Top Gear Overdrive / Hyper Bike, the dynarec has significantly changed from 1.1 as have other parts of the emulator which deal with accuracy (for the better in most cases) but clearly not in this case.

Pokemon Snap requires proper framebuffer emulation.

Winback, I can probably port it to Rice but it's not immediately obvious where the change would slot in, Rice is very very different to glN64.

The "hack" for Pilot wings didn't look right where I sourced it from (Daedalus.cht file), it appears to modify the same addresses multiple times, I'll see if I can find a cleaner version of it or rework it myself. Just to confirm, was that the (U) ROM? If I can't fix it I'll have to remove this.
yeah it was the U ! rom and i readed that is the side affect of the hack its not exclusive to wii64 if you read here
https://www.emutalk.net/threads/fix-pil ... ere.18106/

everyone says the game hangs when you quit or finish a level on several emulators so the ahcks is not complete, maybe someone fixed it latter.

also if you can add the knife edge fps limit i posted earlier it would be nice too and hope to fix the sound static, it seems better now but it still does the pops every now and then specially on smash bros.
saulfabreg

Post by saulfabreg » Sat May 07, 2022 10:07 pm

@emu_kidid @carnage

Maybe for Pilotwings 64 gamehack you could try including this?
https://www.emutalk.net/threads/pilotwi ... fix.10241/

Also please don't forget for see and reinclude gamehacks for the Top Gear games on dynarec on glN64 and also of the missing sound code. :)

Thanks. :)
carnage

Post by carnage » Sat May 07, 2022 11:05 pm

saulfabreg wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 10:07 pm
@emu_kidid @carnage

Maybe for Pilotwings 64 gamehack you could try including this?
https://www.emutalk.net/threads/pilotwi ... fix.10241/

Also please don't forget for see and reinclude gamehacks for the Top Gear games on dynarec on glN64 and also of the missing sound code. :)

Thanks. :)
emukid already included the top gear hyper hacks in but the dynarec code changed, so whatever the hacks fixed is no longer working in dynarec mode, it only works on interpreter, now the game is crashing because of other issue in dynarec im guessing, so no idea what that is, so you cant just simply add the hacks to dynarec they are already there but they arent enough.

and yeah top gear rally has no sound in rice still but has correct gfx while on gl the sound is there altough not perfect but it has messed up gfx so if emukid could take a look why rice isnt loading the sound for top gear rally while gl is it would be nice too.

btw emukid i found out 5 games have audio issues/crashes because they were made by the same company and they made the sound be on another function/adress so far i found a hack or a fix for twisted edge which has no sound

If you changed AI_DRAM_ADDR_REG address to 003F4000, you can hear all of the sound.
Be sure to use fixed audio timing and disable 32bit engine.
Thanks to your help.
I guess the RDB changed default setting.

BTW, SW V0,0x0000 (T4) opecode seems write AI_DRAM_ADDR_REG.
I guess that silly idea. but If write AI_DRAM_ADDR_REG, the T9 register looks always = 803F4000. So tweaking SW T9,0x0000(T4), we can get the sound.

Game Fixes
(USA)
Cheat0=81051840 AD99
(Eur)
Cheat0=81051960 AD99
(Japan)
Cheat0=81052760 AD99

i also saw how muppen fixed this by making the audio position not fixed not sure it it helps
https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64p ... 8712b6dac8

also found this for world driver not sure if it works tough
"That should work for LLE support of the graphics in the public versions. There is also an LLE implementation in Jabo's 1.7.

These cheats can also be used to stop the game from crashing at the beginning.

[AC062778-DFADFCB8-C:50]
Good Name=World Driver Championship (E)
Cheat0=810241D4 0000,810241D6 0000//jal 800706D0 osRecvMesg #14

[308DFEC8-CE2EB5F6-C:45]
Good Name=World Driver Championship (U)
Cheat0=81023FE4 0000,81023FE6 0000//jal 8006ED70 osRecvMesg #14
"
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed May 11, 2022 4:50 am

I'm tempted to remove all game hacks again after thinking about this some more :P

1. Top Gear games, don't work in dynarec, might as well find the real issue.
2. Knife Edge will soft lock https://github.com/project64/project64/ ... 1013797144
3. Pokemon Snap has other issues so no point in partially hacking it to work
4. World Driver Championship is unsupported in glN64/Rice so bypassing that error doesn't help us anyway

The only real "hack" I'd like to keep is the one for the floating square in winback. I'll rework the gamehacks code to instead allow for cheats loaded from text files so people can do as they please.
carnage

Post by carnage » Thu May 12, 2022 4:41 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:50 am
I'm tempted to remove all game hacks again after thinking about this some more :P

1. Top Gear games, don't work in dynarec, might as well find the real issue.
2. Knife Edge will soft lock https://github.com/project64/project64/ ... 1013797144
3. Pokemon Snap has other issues so no point in partially hacking it to work
4. World Driver Championship is unsupported in glN64/Rice so bypassing that error doesn't help us anyway

The only real "hack" I'd like to keep is the one for the floating square in winback. I'll rework the gamehacks code to instead allow for cheats loaded from text files so people can do as they please.
this would be amazing having cheat support would be great imo, altough i think i added the twisted edge sound hack and got nothing, not sure if i added it correctly but the sound might be adress locked or something on wii64.
carnage

Post by carnage » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:46 pm

emu_kidid wrote:

i finally searched this, seems on tiramisu the forwarders to work overclock and whatnot need to be installed on nand and not on usb so if you had it on usb now install it on nand to overclock.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:36 am

carnage wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:46 pm
i finally searched this, seems on tiramisu the forwarders to work overclock and whatnot need to be installed on nand and not on usb so if you had it on usb now install it on nand to overclock.
Ah great, I'll try that at some point.
carnage

Post by carnage » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:34 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:36 am
carnage wrote:
any chance you had some time to get wii64 out with cheat support so we can do our own hacks? it would be helpful xD
carnage

Post by carnage » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:44 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:36 am
carnage wrote:
any chance to update wii64 with the latest extrems not64 improvements and maybe make a new release with a working ricevideolinux? since the one you included in the release is bugged and doesnt load the rice settings while fix94 riceviolinux works with your release and loads the settings.