Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

All Wii64 related discussions here
ngs428

Re: Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by ngs428 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:13 am

nimadude wrote:
ngs428 wrote:
Extrems wrote:Have you tried the 1.7 firmware for that adapter?
According to the part number of what I ordered, I am on version 1.5. I don't see version 1.7 for download or a way to update on the Raphnet website.

Maybe I am missing it, could you provide a link?

I think he is referring to the newer n64 to wiimote adapter: http://raphnet.com/products/n64_to_wiimote/index.php

I can confirm this works fine on latest not64!
Hmm. I may have to give that a try then. Thanks for confirming. I liked the GC to N64 adapter because it had rumble. I can use it for VC games, but those don't have rumble anyway...

Something did change in the latest few versions of Not64. The GC to N64 used to work.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:20 am

The 1.7 firmware wouldn't really help you any then, as it disables rumble with 1000 Hz polling rate.
ngs428

Post by ngs428 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Extrems wrote:The 1.7 firmware wouldn't really help you any then, as it disables rumble with 1000 Hz polling rate.
Are you referring to the GC to N64 adapter or the Wiimote to N64 adapter?

Also, does this recent loss in compatibility for the GC to N64 adapter have a chance of being fixed in any future releases? I have the version 20130408 as the last version that works. If not, I will look into purchasing the Wiimote / N64 adapter.

Thanks again for all the work you do!
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:16 am

Sometimes, I wish I could contribute to the emulator for the dev team..
But I don't have the skills, nor the tools. Just the dream. But rock on, Extrems and the Wii64 Team. You guys are doing an awesome thing here.

Hey, the blue guy's name is Dolphin Dash. hue
lzer0

Post by lzer0 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi guys, I have been playing this emulator recently and noticed that the frame rate suddenly goes up and down in certain games (Particularly Super Smash Bros.). I guess this is due to frameskip for the purpose of keeping smoth framerate but this is counter productive when you are playing fighting games where you need to time precise inputs and this messes up everything. Is there any way to fix this? Or at least make the emulator behave like VC Emulation. I would really appreciate any help here please. This emulator could be a great alternative to VC but it has this little problem that keeps annoying me everytime I play.
Smash 64 Forever
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:33 am

Framerate goes up and down due to many issues, it could be: recompiler running out of space for recompiled code, texture cache filling up, bloated recompiled code causing slowdown, it's not as simple as frameskip.
lzer0

Post by lzer0 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:01 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Framerate goes up and down due to many issues, it could be: recompiler running out of space for recompiled code, texture cache filling up, bloated recompiled code causing slowdown, it's not as simple as frameskip.
Yeah right but you didn't reply my answer. It can be fixed or not? Do I have to deal with this forever? :|
Smash 64 Forever
lzer0

Post by lzer0 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:38 am

I also found that while playing Conker's Bad Fur Day, for the sake of handiness and load the game quick I entered all cheats to play with all characters in Multiplayer, so I make a savestate. The savestate works tho, but it always loads without the audio. Is there any workaround for this? I don't want to enter all cheats again just to play again multiplayer because the savestate file doesn't play any sort of audio. Tried the savestate in different game places and didn't work in some. Even it threw DSI exceptions in specific savestates.
Smash 64 Forever
manxbox

Post by manxbox » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:38 am

when the supporting not64 wii u pro Control.
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Well, you can't expect any Nintendo 64 emulator to be perfect-- let alone Mupen64Plus for the Nintendo Wii/Nintendo GameCube.
If we give the devlopment team(s) enough time, all problems will be fixed. They're all awesome at what they do, they just have various things impeding their progress. But they'll answer all our prayers. Whether it takes a few months or 10 years, I'm always gonna be here to see this project evolve as much as it already is. I can imagine how hard it is to do all the stuff you guys do. And y'know what, I'm honestly really happy with how far Wii64's come, just in the time I've been using it. It's an amazing emulator, it's occupied so much of my time each day. And I can thank all of you guys who worked on the emulator, for recreating my childhood (Very well, actually).

Hey, the blue guy's name is Dolphin Dash. hue
NewFang

Post by NewFang » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:11 am

lzer0 wrote:
emu_kidid wrote:Framerate goes up and down due to many issues, it could be: recompiler running out of space for recompiled code, texture cache filling up, bloated recompiled code causing slowdown, it's not as simple as frameskip.
Yeah right but you didn't reply my answer. It can be fixed or not? Do I have to deal with this forever? :|
No, you don't have to deal with this forever.... Step 1: Go buy an actual N64. Step 2: Plug it in, then play it.... Step 3: Stop your entitled whining and enjoy! :) Step 4: Play in traffic. Problem solved. Yay!
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:04 pm

NewFang wrote:
lzer0 wrote:
No, you don't have to deal with this forever.... Step 1: Go buy an actual N64. Step 2: Plug it in, then play it.... Step 3: Stop your entitled whining and enjoy! :) Step 4: Play in traffic. Problem solved. Yay!
Bugger off kiddo, we don't need you starting a flame war. He simply asked a question and wasn't given an answer so he had concerns, this doesn't mean he was whining.
"I am invincible!"

lzer0

Post by lzer0 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:03 am

NewFang wrote:
lzer0 wrote:
I don't have to buy an actul N64 because I already own one. Thanks for being an asshole (sarcasm), I love this emulator and play often with friends. I don't even need to explain this to you so eventually they will fix this issue. Whatever.
Smash 64 Forever
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Finally had a chance to try the latest April 20 release of Not64, I may be wrong but it looked like I saw a small speed boost in Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Banjo Kazooie. It isn't perfect yet as there were still slow downs in places however it seems like they aren't as bad as they once were, again I could be wrong. On the opposite end of the spectrum I tried running Quale64 on Not64 and it was completely broken and I mean broken beyond broken and no amount of settings fixed it, hopefully we can see a fix for it down the road.

Anyways thanks for the update Extrems, I look forward to the next one and maybe even a future where I can kill grunts with my faithful low-poly shotgun without the screen going haywire!
"I am invincible!"

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:55 am

Quale64?
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:28 am

emu_kidid wrote:Quale64?
Ha, didn't even notice that until you said something. Quake64*
"I am invincible!"

Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:55 pm

I'd like to happily report that Banjo Kazooie is running at almost 100% speeds with the latest Not64, the only slowdowns I've had were ground pounding the little shacks near Mumbo's skull on Mumbo's mountain and even then after a few seconds the game sped back up to normal. I don't know where people are saying the game is freezing at because so far I've gotten to and beaten Treasure Trove Cove without any errors or slowdowns. So if anyone is interested in playing Banjo Kazooie just like it was on the N64, you can now do so with Not64's April 20 release!

Edit: Got up to Mad Monster Mansion with only a few minor graphical bugs, handful of minor slowdowns, and no crashes whatsoever.
"I am invincible!"

largecoin

Post by largecoin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:16 am

Hello, I was wondering where I could download the latest release from April. Not sure how to work with builds on Github so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:56 am

largecoin wrote:Hello, I was wondering where I could download the latest release from April. Not sure how to work with builds on Github so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Go to the github, go to releases, and download the April release with the picture of Banjo.
"I am invincible!"

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:57 am

There's a download link, labeled latest, on this very forum.
largecoin

Post by largecoin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:31 am

Thanks!
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Extrems wrote:There's a download link, labeled latest, on this very forum.
Do you have any plans to port Your Not64 over to WiiU? off tv support would be cool.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm not interested in Wii U homebrew.
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:50 pm

thats a shame, but thanks for doing what your doing. :)
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:24 am

I have a serious question for Extrems/emu_kidd, I want to know if it's physically feasible for Wii N64 emulation to be perfect down the line or at least near perfect? I'm not asking for a release date or anything like that but I want both or one of your opinions on if you think it's a possibility down the line in the future or if it isn't possible based on what we know about the Wii and its inner workings.

Thanks!
"I am invincible!"