Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

All Wii64 related discussions here
stomp_442

Re: Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by stomp_442 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:21 pm

JCT400THz wrote:Well, the Wii only has 512 MB of NAND but i got a tons worth of WiiWare.
try an emulated nand, you can get much more than 512MB worth of storage.
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 am

I've heard of that, i might look it up.

Hey, the blue guy's name is Dolphin Dash. hue
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:35 am

JCT400THz wrote:hell, if i can reserve space on my Wii's NAND, then i'm all for it!
My exact reason. But I did find out something, on some big bosses you will have to use interpreter or it will freeze.

Also in some dark areas on shy guy toy box fb textures must be disabled to see anything. It will flash with them off but those areas of the level are short anyway.

Also iirc Paper Mario does not work on emunand.
carnage

Post by carnage » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Can anyone compile the latest not64 version with wiiu pro controller support? i would really enjoy using the wiiu pro controller with it, its much better than using the CC on wiiu since it doesnt need the attachment tumor called wiimote.
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:07 am

Bah, I deal with the regular Wii CC Pro. the calibration problems were fixed anyway, so that makes it all better.

carnage

Post by carnage » Fri May 01, 2015 11:48 am

i notcied on Not64 20150205 most games the 2d sprites are infront of the 3d models is there an earlier version of not64 where the 2d textures dont cut infront of the 3d models? in many games they become unplayable because the background covers the screen so we cant see anything.
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Thu May 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Pleeease add support for Nintendo's official GameCube adapter for Wii U, like Nintendon't works.
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I would like to add that if your using this emu on gamecube and you want to use a IDE-EXI to load your roms just load the IDE-EXI in swiss and find the Not64.DOL (you also need the Not64 folder in the root of the HDD) and load it. Once the Not64 Gui shows go to "load rom" and select "From USB" then it will find the roms on the Hard drive. I don't know if saving to the HDD is a good idea but it will work if have played super mario 64 from hard drive and saved my game as well
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:48 pm

What's 240P/60Hz for, anyway exactly? I always use 480i/60Hz on my HDTV 'cuz that's the cables the Wiis came with.

manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:22 am

carnage - Try using the earlier January update of Not64 2015, I dont think it has this problem
NyxTheShield

Post by NyxTheShield » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:02 am

Any chances for getting Dpad -> Analog Support?? I would love to play Smash 64 with the dpad.
mai8ko

Post by mai8ko » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Am I the only one having issues with loading save states? If so, any lead on what I can do to correct it? Wii64 loading of savestates worked fine for me. I like the newest version of not 64 b/c it plays many more games a lot smoother, but if savestates are out, then it's a big problem for me.

edit: just figured out if you load the game as is first, go back to menu screen and then load a save state: it picks up where you left off on the save state. works for me!
terribaddy

Post by terribaddy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:41 am

NyxTheShield wrote:Any chances for getting Dpad -> Analog Support?? I would love to play Smash 64 with the dpad.
I need the cbuttons as a joystick as well, playing goldeneye on the honey controls that let you look around with the joystick. It wouldn't feel so clunky to play
nakata

Post by nakata » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:46 pm

terribaddy wrote:
NyxTheShield wrote:Any chances for getting Dpad -> Analog Support?? I would love to play Smash 64 with the dpad.
I need the cbuttons as a joystick as well, playing goldeneye on the honey controls that let you look around with the joystick. It wouldn't feel so clunky to play
You can already assign the N64 buttons to the nunchuck analog stick (A-up as top C button, A-down as bottom c button etc.) in the control settings of Not64.
You can also map the N64 analog to Wii remote's IR. By doing these two things and setting the controls in GoldenEye or Perfect Dark to 1.2 , you can control almost any N64 fps like it was CoD or Conduit on Wii [Turok 2,3, (Turok 1 needs inverted IR that Not64 also provides as an option) TWINE, Armorines, Southpark, etc]. Great fun playing those gems with these improved controls.
moneer

Post by moneer » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:58 am

Does running off of usb or off an sd card make a difference in terms of fps?
Using Tapatalk
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:01 am

All sources are equally as fast since the ROM is preloaded to RAM/NAND.
RetroFan

Post by RetroFan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Soory for pushing this post, but I couldn't find a solution and got an PM today where someone has got the same problerm.
RetroFan wrote:First of all thank you for the great work. it's awesome to play games like Conker / nearly all Rare games on a Wii.

Unfortunately I've got a problem with Banjo Tooie.

First I have to say, that it's definitly playable in my opinion. It has some slowdowns, some soundbugs and even some freezings, which is annoying, but because of it's auto-save function it's playable.
I did nearly anything in world 1 and 2 but in world 3 (Witchyland) I've got a problem. Everytime I enter the area "The Inferno" I got a "Exception (DSI) occured" error and the game / Not64 quit to the HBC.
But that's not all, it's getting even stranger.
Before I went to the area for the first time, I collected 2 jiggies in minigames and 1 or 2 other things. The error occured and the last auto-save was before I got that stuff. I wanted to test if the error occurs regulary, so I decided to get the stuff and then save and quit (go to the title screen) before I re-enter the area. I did so, entered the area, the error occured, I wanted to load my savegame again to see, if I can find a ingame conclusion for the problem, and what happened? My savegame got reseted to the point BEFORE I entered the area for the first - so the stuff got deleted again. I thought I made a mistake and didn't save so I decided to save and quit 2 times before I enter the area again. The first time I saved and quitted after I got the jiggies and the 2nd time after I opened the door to the area and collected the other stuff. So I loaded my savegame, entered the area, the error occurs - and it resets to the old savegame again. I tested it now for 5 times, it's everytime the same even when I change the order of collecting the things, saving, etc.

The problem happens everytime in the same area, sometimes 2 seconds after entering, sometimes 5 seconds.

Now I'm wondering, if that's a bug of the ROM which just happens for me or if it's a compatibility problem with Not64 that happens for everyone. I'm even wondering, how it can be possible that the error resets my savegame everytime again to a point before the error occured for the first time, when I save ingame and go back to the title screen. That moment should got overwritten even 2 times, how can the game jump back to it?

Now I'm asking if someone maybe has a conclusion for the problem or if someone has at least a idea if it's a ROM problem or a Not64 problem.
At least it would be nice if someone could test if the error occurs for him, too, or if it just is a problem for me.

The game region is US but I'm playing on a PAL Wii (could that be a problem?).

Thank you for your answers. :)

Sorry for mistakes in grammar, etc. I'm not a native English speaker. ^^

By the way, Star wars Ep. 1 Racer (PAL) is absolutley playable (I finished it) since the first version of Not64, you just have to change your view (when playing with a GC Controller 3 times C-Stick UP). In that view it has some graphical glitches but nothing which harms the gameplay at all. Someone could add this to the compatibility list.

I've even got another compatility question, could it be possible that we will be able in the future to play the Star Wars games with Not64/Wii64?
Anyone here who might have a solution? Or some idea what could be the problem?

Thank you for your answers.
nakata

Post by nakata » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:59 pm

RetroFan: try using savestates for Banjo Tooie, they work well. I too ha issues with ingame saves but i circuimvented by savestating.

Also, try to enable interpreter mode when you reach the problematic spot, see if it makes any difference
Atari

Post by Atari » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 am

I also have the same issue with banjoo tooie. I tried freeing up NAND memory to see if this would work. I think that the problem is that not all the game is being loaded. Is there something that could be done to fix this?
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 am

Atari wrote:Is there something that could be done to fix this?
The next beta with Rice/Glide plugin support. :P
Hopefully xD
Atari

Post by Atari » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:50 pm

How are we expected to compile this thing from source. I have read back that you need a custom devkitPro, but I am yet to see what we mean by custom.
smithisaiah54

Post by smithisaiah54 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:07 pm

thank you so very much I always wanted to play conkers bfd on wii and now I finally can thank you
Nomelas

Post by Nomelas » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:07 pm

latest version is from feb 5th, is there a newer download version?
TheThief

Post by TheThief » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi. new here. Found this mod to wii64 recently and want to give it a try. The download linked on the first page doesn't seem to be working for me. WinRAR doesn't extract any files. Just gives back an error.

Edit, win rar was crashing before extracting anything. PeaZip extracted the files. :)
ngs428

Post by ngs428 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi extrems. Looking to get official N64 controller support back in Not64. As reported in the gbatemp Not64 thread, the last working version was 20130408.

For Gamecube to N64 controller adapter we are using the following: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/n6 ... /index.php.

Hopefully this support can return since using the official controller makes it seem all that much more authentic.

Appreciate your work! My best to you.