[WIP] Not64 Roms + Hacks Compatbility Guide - 12/4/15

All Wii64 related discussions here
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

[WIP] Not64 Roms + Hacks Compatbility Guide - 12/4/15

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:39 am

The point of this guide is to unofficially show the compatibility of each rom and rom hack to get the best Not64 experience out of your Wii console. This will cover my current configuration and a thorough look at each rom and rom hack which will show bugs and how playable or not playable the rom is. Unfortunately because I am using a real console I can't take pictures which is what I intended to add aswell so if people want to reply with pictures showing the bugs I can put them in the original post. The basic format of this post will be split into five major parts, the intro, Rom Compatibility, Rom hack compatibility, useful tools and information, and finally the conclusion. I may or may not change the overall form of this later but for now as a basic first post it will be setup like that. Each rom will have it's own mini section which will show bugs, general info, and hopefully some videos and pictures showing gameplay with Not64 in action. Any questions or comments can be left below, other then that enjoy reading!

Changelog:
Spoiler
Show
Update 12/4/15
-Finished Testing Every Mini-Game in Mario Party 1, Will Test Multiplayer and the Board Maps Next!
-Fixed the missing "Hack Compatibility" image
-Now Goldeneye X isn't showing though it's in

Update 12/3/15
-Added Mario Party to the List (WIP, In Progress of testing every mini-game, board map, and multiplayer)
-The "Hack Compatibility" picture no longer loads, the link works but for some reason it isn't showing up. Could by my connection, will try to fix overtime. If it is appearing let me know below!

Update 11/29/15
-Made a change to Goldeneye 64 regarding how far into the game is playable, so far it's fully playable up to Caverns

Update 11/26/15
-A few new bugs added to Goldeneye 64, results from testing 4-player splitscreen multiplayer
-Added one new bug to Goldeneye X, results from testing 4-player splitscreen multiplayer

Update 11/25/15
-Created the changelog for the thread, will show changes here from now on no matter how minor
-Added a new bug to the Goldeneye 64 list
-Changed the description of Goldeneye 64 to be playable up to Control

Here I'll post my current video settings which is what I use for all game tests, if you use my settings you will get the same experience as I do. However disabling sound emulation or scale pitch might give a speed boost so keep that in mind if you want that extra few frames per second although this takes away from the N64 experience. If you want to find out more information about any of the settings below or anything I haven't covered links will be placed below. (When I get this finished.)

My Video Settings

General Settings:

CPU Core: Dynarec

Video Settings:

Show FPS: On
Screen Mode: Force 16:9
CPU Framebuffer: Off
2xSal Tex: Off
FB Textures: On

Audio Settings:

Disable Audio: Off
Speed Limit: DL
Scale Pitch: Yes

Perfect Dark [Playable][Medium-Major Lag]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-Blood on soldiers uniforms is white instead of red
-Screen flashes orange when shot by certain guns (Dragon)

Final Verdict:
Playable: Yes
Current Problems: Besides the bugs above framerate is also a small problem although it is possible to play and beat the game, still fully playable even with a low framerate.
Frames 15-28 (A little slow but fully playable up to the second level after DataDyne is as far as I've tested)
Goldeneye 64 [Playable][Minor-Major Lag]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-The Skybox is broken (Skybox is broken on every map with a visibly sky.)
-Blood on soldiers uniforms is white instead of red
-Floor textures on Depot are broken
-Forest walls on "Jungle" are sometimes transparent (Can see guards)
-Glass on "Control" is sometimes transparent (Can see other things through it)
-In 4-Player multiplayer one persons entire weapon set may turn camouflage, most of the weapon textures turn this color for the entire game unless killed. (Looks Cool!)
-3rd and 4th player screens glitchy. (Flashing black spots all over the map, players gun clips through walls and doors, increased lag) (Player 1 and 2 Unaffected)

Final Verdict:
Current Problems: Besides the bugs above framerate is also a small problem although it is possible to play and beat the game, still fully playable even with a low framerate.
Frames 15-28 (10-20 frames in 4-Player Multiplayer) (A little slow but fully playable up to Caverns is as far as I've gotten, will test/play further levels and report here!) (Statue is the only level so far that has the worst lag almost making it unplayable.)
Bomberman 64[Not Playable][Broken Video]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-Most of the game is blacked out with only a few small text menus showing (Main Menu, Level Title Cards, and Pause). No matter the settings the game still won't show properly.

Final Verdict:
Playable: No
Current Problems: Black screen except for important menus
Frames: 30 (Sound works perfectly, video doesn't work at all except for the menus)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater[Playable][Broken Textures]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-On Initial startup the text such as the menu may either be missing or may be glitchy looking
-Map Textures are mismatched and broken
-Characters textures are gray and black (Prison Uniform as most have stated)
-Audio De-syncs no matter what on some levels (So far only tested on School)

Final Verdict:
Current Problems: Broken Textures and Audio De-syncing
Frames: 30 (Feels like it's in slowmotion)
Diddy Kong Racing [Playable][Minor Lag]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-Large bodies of water flash blue and red causing lag
-Small "See through the world" camera angles

Final Verdict:
Current Problems: Graphical Bugs
Frames 28-30 (Runs extremely well except on the stages with the water bug)
Mario Party [Playable][Minor Lag]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-Water on Menu Screen is Broken (invisible)
-A small minor lag spike may occur when loading or unloading a mini-game (Cloud transition)

Mini-Game Bugs (31/50 Mini-games run Flawlessly)
Coin Block Blitz - Lighting Flashes
Coin Block Bash - Block Shadows are Missing
Coin Shower Flower - Water Missing
Paddle Battle - Water Missing
Cast Aways - Water Missing
Shy Guy Says - Missing Water
Bombs Away - Water Missing
Deep Sea Divers - Fishing Line Doesn't Render
Mushroom Mix-Up - Missing Water
Tightroap Treachery - Missing Water
Buried Treasure - Signs are Messed Up (Arrow Shrunken instead of it's normal size)
Tug O' War - Tumbleweed Doesn't Render
Pedal Power - Boo Doesn't Render
Tipsy Tourney - Player 2-4's Screens Stutter Causing a Good Amount of Lag
Hot Rope Jump - Fire Renders Improperly (Almost tore my hair out trying to beat it with the fire being messed up)
Slot Machine - Background and Floor is Missing
Running of the Bulb - Ghosts Don't Render (Main Ghost Behind the Players Does)
Face Lift - Player 1 Hands and the Center Picture disappear making it almost impossible to play (Turning off "FB Textures" will temporarily force it to appear yet the image will stutter)
Ghost Guess - Ghost Shadows Don't Render (Can win just by watching the ghosts)

Final Verdict:
Current Problems: Small Graphical bugs and a few lag spikes, biggest problem is the lack of proper water rendering in most of the mini-games.
Frames: 28-30 (Will be testing every single mini-game found in the game, will also test multiplayer later on) (Any mini-games not listed in the bug section work perfectly)
Bomberman 64[Not Playable][Broken Video]
Spoiler
Show

Goldeneye 64
Goldeneye X (5d Beta)[Playable][Minor-Major Lag]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-Any Menu Screens not in use will flicker and remain on screen behind the current usable menu until either the player begins the game or exits the main menu
-Game freezes for a second when switching weapons or choosing their player character in the "Player Settings" menu
-Multiplayer laggy with simulants with more then one player (Train, Cradle, Labyrinth, Facility, Bunker, Facility Backzone) (Will test more levels over time)
-Second Player Screen glitchy with the "Horizontal" splitscreen setting (Flashing black spots all over the map, players gun clips through walls and doors, increased lag)
-Multiplayer unplayable with the "Vertical" splitscreen setting (Entire screen becomes a mass of glitchy lines and textures making the game almost impossible to navigate)
-Blood on the uniforms is white instead of blood red however the blood on the walls renders properly
-Screen sometimes flashes white when shot or slapped
-3rd and 4th player screens glitchy. (Flashing black spots all over the map, players gun clips through walls and doors, increased lag) (Player 1 and 2 Unaffected)

Final Verdict:
Current Problems: Frame Drops in Multiplayer and General Visual Bugs
Frames: 22-29 (Rarely ever stays on 30) (Sometimes drops below 20 for a brief time or worse depending on the number of players, simulants, and overall map size and detailing)

Super Mario 64
Super Mario 74 (V1.4)[Playable][Almost Perfect]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
-A small lag spike/freeze when loading into a new world or when the game freshly loads a world you've been to (Signified by "Welcome to a new world.")

Final Verdict:
Current Problems: None, this is almost perfect!
Frames: 29-30 (Sometimes Drops below 20 for a few seconds when loading into a new world for the first time (Will say "Welcome to a new world" which means the world has been freshly reloaded))
Super Mario Star Road[Playable][Extreme Lag]
Spoiler
Show

Bugs:
None so Far

Final Verdict:
Current Problems: Extreme Lag
Frames: 21-28 (Rarely above 28)

Here are some useful links for anyone interested which deals in the subject matter described above.

Wii64 Wiibrew Page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64
Wii64/Not64 Quick Compatibility List: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List (Keep in mind I wasn't using this for my information, all my info is done through testing. I will also be working on updating the list aswell as this post.)
Not64 Official Post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2723
Not64 Savestates: http://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update ... st-5238331

Well there you have it, as I've stated a ton of times throughout the post I will be updating this as I test new roms and play ones already on here. Every time an update is made no matter how small I will make sure to change the date in the title, other then that if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below. Suggestions are also welcomed and if you can film gameplay using Not64 or take pictures of some of the bugs listed above in any of the roms then please post them aswell so I can add them!
Attachments
191609-tony-hawk-s-pro-skater-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg
(90.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
zD2bodv.png
(138.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
x4LYLiG.png
(137.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SMSR.jpg
(39.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lZcLRHH.png
(141.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
hNe2ItG.png
(141.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
h6dLHkv.png
(133.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
gex_newerlogo_wallpaper.jpg
(78.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Bomberman_64_Box_Art.jpg
(44.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ben8h06.png
(131.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bAeXSdV.png
(208.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
183539-mario_party_3__u_.jpg
(74.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
6076_front.jpg
(30.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3972_front.jpg
(74.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2924_front.jpg
(75.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
4C5QbnX.png
(130.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Mario743DWithoutCart.png
(344.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 32 times in total.
"I am invincible!"

nakata

Re: [WIP] Not64 Roms + Hacks Compatbility Guide - 11/21/15

Post by nakata » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Great work man! Really nice layout.
BTW it may come in handy, i had uploaded a few Not64 complete savegames here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update ... st-5238331
you can use those to see all stages in games games like Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Banjo etc without having to play all the way to the end for each one.

P.S. There was also a japan only Bomberman 64 Arcade version (classic 2d Bomberman) that works with Not64, not to be confused with the 3D one we got.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 pm

nakata wrote:Great work man! Really nice layout.
BTW it may come in handy, i had uploaded a few Not64 complete savegames here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update ... st-5238331
you can use those to see all stages in games games like Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Banjo etc without having to play all the way to the end for each one.

P.S. There was also a japan only Bomberman 64 Arcade version (classic 2d Bomberman) that works with Not64, not to be confused with the 3D one we got.
Thanks for this, I added the link in the post!
"I am invincible!"

the-hans3009

Post by the-hans3009 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Woooooow!!!

Thanks!!!

Wii64-Not64 Forever!! XD