Shuriken USB (USB Gecko SE (clone))

Find all your GameCube topics here
andre104623

Re: Shuriken USB (USB Gecko SE (clone))

Post by andre104623 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:50 pm

learnhacker69 wrote:Is it now possible to hack GCN Games on youre wii or not with this Gecko thing or not
one moment you say yes and on another moment it's not possible what it is now friend yess or no with gecko dot net.?
I do believe it will work. But till I get to work tomorrow to use my other computer so I can put some GC iso's on the wbfs SD card then I will test it. But you have to use the Wii no matter what for geckodotnet and wiird codes. I don't really have time anymore to sit down and play games. So the only day I really have to do testing with the clone is on Saturday afternoon.
Arnachy69

Post by Arnachy69 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 pm

let me know of it wil work haha i'll will hack with this gecko usb that's the reassoni'll will buy this
but when it not work with gecko Dnet or wiirdgui i can nothing do with it
a friend of mine has the orginal of these usb gecko but everywhere in the world is sold out it's dated from 2008 or 2009
when this thing good work i'll will buy this for code hacking for GCN and wii games to
but the wii app i'll most search and the pc software for it, that are 2 difficult things
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:59 pm

learnhacker69 wrote:let me know of it wil work haha i'll will hack with this gecko usb that's the reassoni'll will buy this
but when it not work with gecko Dnet or wiirdgui i can nothing do with it
a friend of mine has the orginal of these usb gecko but everywhere in the world is sold out it's dated from 2008 or 2009
when this thing good work i'll will buy this for code hacking for GCN and wii games to
but the wii app i'll most search and the pc software for it, that are 2 difficult things
Ok I'm guessing you don't speak English very well. So YES IT DOES WORK as you can see in the video's. As far as WiiRD.exe it cannot find the device but it really doesn't matter because as far as I know geckodotnet can do everything that Wiird can do correct me if I'm wrong. Geckodotnet WILL run WiiRD codes you just have to put them in yourself which really isn't a problem since most of the time you need to change the X or Y values anyway.

To sum it up YES IT WORKS
happy_bunny

Post by happy_bunny » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Lol good job on the videos very cool !
Arnachy69

Post by Arnachy69 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:27 am

Andre104623

Otherwise, if I understand you so well
Does this clone version or with gecko dnet but not wiirdGUI
so I can stabbing me in this PC's USB cable to the USB Shuriken gecko start Gecko DNET and he see the device ???
Is that what you will say.???

Thx in advance
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:00 pm

learnhacker69 wrote:Andre104623

Otherwise, if I understand you so well
Does this clone version or with gecko dnet but not wiirdGUI
so I can stabbing me in this PC's USB cable to the USB Shuriken gecko start Gecko DNET and he see the device ???
Is that what you will say.???

Thx in advance
It's because the shuriken USB doesn't look like a USB gecko when the software (Say WiiRD) looks for the device. Happy_bunny can explain it better then me. Geckodotnet that I'm using is custom made for the shuriken USB so it knows what to look for when you connect. The Wii doesn't know any better so when you go into the homebrew channel the little gecko icon in the right bottom corner lights up no matter what but the "REAL" USB gecko software will not work unless the software is made to look for the shuriken USB. But really GeckoDotNet works just fine for cheats and debugging so I don't know why you have to use WiiRD
Arnachy69

Post by Arnachy69 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:45 pm

aha now i'll know what you mean with other words gecko dot net works and when the shuriken usb gecko connected with the drivers what happy bunny gives the link for than you can hack codes with gecko dnet special made for shuriken usb gecko than connect it right
sorry for bad english
happy_bunny

Post by happy_bunny » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:00 pm

ok so people wanted to use the shuriken usb unit to hack games which I never really designed it for so I created version 2
2015-04-29 23.35.01.jpg
(1.04 MiB) Not downloaded yet
which has got the ftdi 245r usb chipset on so it works with

gecko dot net 0.66.8
wiiRD GUI 0.9.3

screen capture works great in gecko dot net now :)
RMCP01-001.png
(410.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
as I have managed to reduce the component count I have managed to get the cost down to £14 + p&p

tracked p&p is expensive from the UK £10 world and £8 europe, so I am going to offer proof of postage as an option basically I go to the post office send you the device for £4 and get a receipt which I will scan and email to you so you know I have sent the device. Its not quite the same as tracked post but its a lot cheaper.

just PM if you want a device, happy hacking guys :)
Last edited by happy_bunny on Sat May 16, 2015 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Great work happy_bunny I been looking forward to your new products!

Just got the new version and I'm going to have to make a new video. Ripping games work

Edit: Behold WiiRD and GeckoOS1.06D working on gamecube and the first screenshot from the shuriken USB v2
Resident evil 4_000.jpg
(110.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
One more till I make a video. This time I'm going to have to cover a lot this thing works with all software that the real gecko uses
Resident evil 4_001.jpg
(95.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I can confirm that geckodotnet and wiird both work on the GameCube directly. This includes ripping games BUT unfortunately wasp/wiikey users including myself are out of luck using geckoOS so we can use the shuriken USB this is because there is no way to load the games while in geckoOS. I will need to look into this further
happy_bunny

Post by happy_bunny » Sat May 16, 2015 11:52 am

This time I'm going to have to cover a lot this thing works with all software that the real gecko uses
you mean for once in my life I actually did something right ! I need to sit down and have a beer this normally dont happen :D
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Sun May 17, 2015 3:27 am

happy_bunny wrote:
This time I'm going to have to cover a lot this thing works with all software that the real gecko uses
you mean for once in my life I actually did something right ! I need to sit down and have a beer this normally dont happen :D
Well it works fine haven't had any problems with yet.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sun May 17, 2015 6:30 am

andre104623 wrote:Edit: Behold WiiRD and GeckoOS1.06D working on gamecube and the first screenshot from the shuriken USB v2
Shhh, you'll spoil the secret that one of the best looking GC games is only rendered at a measly 512x336.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:02 pm

@Happy_Bunny My son and I bought a 3D printer from amazon and I was wondering what program you use for your 3D printing software. What I mean is lets say I wanted to make a copy of your shuriken USB case in a other color. Is the files you have on your site universal for all 3D printing software? Sorry for bothering you I know you hate me right now but I don't know anyone else with a 3D printer and I don't have any experience with this technology at all. Thanks in advance

Here is the printer we went half's on: http://www.amazon.com/XYZprinting-Vinci ... 3d+printer

It seems you load the files from a SD card?

Edit: OK I think I figured it out. My god how long does it take to print something been on for over a hour and this ETA on the printer just does whatever it wants. At first it said 1:45 then it counts down while its printing then the time goes up then down. I don't think I could ever mass produce something on this thing it would take forever and there seems to be run off on the edges I guess you file them off? Ill see how it comes out I'm making a Zelda figurine about 4 inch's high.

http://www.yeggi.com/ here is a good place to get started to find some stuff to print for free
happy_bunny

Post by happy_bunny » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:32 pm

I did use openscad but i now use google sketchup yer the shuriken case takes about two hours to print out plus the filing after, they are good for proto typing but not for mass production.
PokemonAcer

Post by PokemonAcer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Question for happy_bunny - why not setup an online marketplace yourself?
happy_bunny

Post by happy_bunny » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:21 pm

I want people to be able to cheaply debug code on there cube / wii and ask questions. This place is perfect for that, you have people like

Megalomaniac

That guy knows everything about gc hardware versions (he saved me a load of money trying to find a connecter for the shuriken video)

andre104623

That guy will test your stuff and not be quite if it don’t work :-)

Unseen

If you want to learn some good vhdl plus learn some gc hardware protocols this guy is the best.

emu_kidid
tueidj
Streetwalker

These guys know there software stuff ask a good question get a good answer :-)

So in short if you want a gc / wii hack device click “buy now” at the bottom of

http://www.staffs2.webspace.virginmedia ... en_usb.htm

If you want to understand how the gc works hang around this site, I have only been a member for 4 months but I have learned a lot already!
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:38 pm

happy_bunny wrote:I want people to be able to cheaply debug code on there cube / wii and ask questions. This place is perfect for that, you have people like

Megalomaniac

That guy knows everything about gc hardware versions (he saved me a load of money trying to find a connecter for the shuriken video)

andre104623

That guy will test your stuff and not be quite if it don’t work :-)

Unseen

If you want to learn some good vhdl plus learn some gc hardware protocols this guy is the best.

emu_kidid
tueidj
Streetwalker

These guys know there software stuff ask a good question get a good answer :-)

So in short if you want a gc / wii hack device click “buy now” at the bottom of

http://www.staffs2.webspace.virginmedia ... en_usb.htm

If you want to understand how the gc works hang around this site, I have only been a member for 4 months but I have learned a lot already!
Shuriken usb v2 is a great device. BUT i did find one issue thats not really a big deal but it should be noted. You cant dump the dvd drive, gamecube bios, and there was something else but i cant remember it at this moment. Its a great device and happy_bunny did a wonderful job with both usb and video devices i love them. I hope this fude between us will just be forgotten and i was a little hard on him and for that im sorry. I had to do the shuriken video build to confirm it works on tv which it does.

If you just want to run cheats in real-time this is the device for you. I dumped resident evil 4 in 15 minutes per disc and there fine. Which been trying to ask you was there anything wrong with the usb gecko se code becuase i heard there was. I ordered 3 real usb gecko se boards from oshpark.com to compare with your device. Crazy how much that fpga cost i paid 12.00usd for one hopefully everything will work out ok
Last edited by andre104623 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:46 pm

I have a tool which dumps IPL to SD gecko, I should probably post it (well the version that actually works at least :P). If by DVD drive you mean the firmware, I should also check it out. Why not the DSP ROM while I'm at it (there's a dumper out there but it's for the Wii). Thanks for reminding me Andre. Any other dumpable ROM in the Cube ?
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:56 am

TBH the USB gecko is a pretty shit debugging device. The protocol is brain-dead, it can only send one byte per EXI transfer, can't signal an interrupt when data arrives from the PC... it would be simple to design something better if you didn't care about compatibility with wiird etc. (which I personally couldn't care less about - just use Dolphin, it's a lot easier).
novenary

Post by novenary » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:59 am

USB Gecko SE seems to have the interrupt line wired to the CPLD. I'm about to make a clone for personal use, I should probably do some improvements while I'm at it and of course put the source up so that it's available.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Streetwalker wrote:I have a tool which dumps IPL to SD gecko, I should probably post it (well the version that actually works at least :P). If by DVD drive you mean the firmware, I should also check it out. Why not the DSP ROM while I'm at it (there's a dumper out there but it's for the Wii). Thanks for reminding me Andre. Any other dumpable ROM in the Cube ?
I have to check it out again. Its been a while since i used the shuriken usb v2. But yes I was talking about the dvd firmware.
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:05 am

delete post. I don't want to start anything again
Last edited by andre104623 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:27 am

Here we go again...
andre104623

Post by andre104623 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:47 am

tueidj wrote:Here we go again...
No I'm done with his stuff. But if it was your money I bet it would piss you off wouldn't it?
PokemonAcer

Post by PokemonAcer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:34 pm

andre104623 wrote:I would like to add that you can hack online lobby's with this device (like MW3 & Black ops) but only one problem. Wii online has shut down so there goes online modded lobbies all well offline hacking only. I don't know if you can play over LAN party have to test that
*cough* http://wiimmfi.de *cough*