Game Boy Interface

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:46 pm

  • Optimized/Fixed Scale2xEx filter.
Scale2xEx: 1+12 TEV stages (was 1+16), 0+1 indirect lookup

For GBA-as-GC controller:
  • Finished implementation.
  • Released binaries.
  • Released source under BSD 2-Clause License.
https://github.com/ExtremsCorner/gba-as-controller
retrogamer
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 3:15 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by retrogamer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:24 am

Extrems wrote:
  • Optimized/Fixed Scale2xEx filter.
Scale2xEx: 1+12 TEV stages (was 1+16), 0+1 indirect lookup

For GBA-as-GC controller:
  • Finished implementation.
  • Released binaries.
  • Released source under BSD 2-Clause License.
https://github.com/ExtremsCorner/gba-as-controller
Much aprecciated Extrems, now we can load the payload from a gba flashcart :)
niuus
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by niuus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:00 pm

Extrems wrote:
  • Optimized/Fixed Scale2xEx filter.
Scale2xEx: 1+12 TEV stages (was 1+16), 0+1 indirect lookup

For GBA-as-GC controller:
  • Finished implementation.
  • Released binaries.
  • Released source under BSD 2-Clause License.
https://github.com/ExtremsCorner/gba-as-controller
Great work. This should prove handy for flash cart users.
FirebrandX
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 4:36 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by FirebrandX » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Dumb question: How do I add an argument to the GBI file I want to load from the Action Replay menu screen?

Edit: Eventually settled on using Swiss to boot GBI.LL with the 1:1 aspect argument. It works and I'm finally seeing perfect scrolling in GB games on the Framemeister!

What I need to do now is get a build of GBI.LL with the default aspect set to 1:1.

Edit 2: I was able to fudge FIX94's app to add the aspect argument to the gbi-ll.dol file by simply renaming it to gbi.dol as per what his app expects to see. This made an output file with the aspect set to 1:1 and I renamed it to GBI-LLFramemeister. It booted and plays fine! However, please let me know if this was a kosher way to do this or if something else will get flubbed up because the app was based on gbi.dol. Thanks!
FirebrandX
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 4:36 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by FirebrandX » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:07 am

Here's the zip file containing the new profiles and the GBI-LL-Framemeister.dol:

http://www.firebrandx.com/downloads/GBI ... eister.zip
niuus
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by niuus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:29 am

FirebrandX wrote:Here's the zip file containing the new profiles and the GBI-LL-Framemeister.dol:

http://www.firebrandx.com/downloads/GBI ... eister.zip
Cool, thanks for sharing!
hazeangel
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:50 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by hazeangel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:19 am

Hello I want to buy a SDML for GBI but I got a dumb question.Does someone have here an everdrive x5 or ez flash ? I would like to know if I press reset when Im using GBI will I return to the everdrive menu or the SDML menu ?
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:27 am

The EverDrive menu.
VinnyCThatWhoIBe
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:17 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by VinnyCThatWhoIBe » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:30 am

Just got this up and running and wow! It's great! I am hoping someone can help me figure out how to get borders displaying though. I had the default purple one when I first got things working, but I haven't been able to get any to load since then. I have downloaded the "extra" file, unzipped it, and copied the GBI folder into the root of my SD card (where the rest of the GBI software was extracted to). I feel stupid for asking as I'm sure it's something simple. Can anyone help me?
Harrumph
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Harrumph » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:43 am

I have a question regarding the audio. The audio out level is very high compared to my other consoles and it sounds kinda thin and scratchy (high frequency noise). Now, I guess this could simply be how GBA audio should sound like (I never owned one myself), but playing GBA games on a DSlite with headphones, it doesn't sound quite the same to me.
I guess some people would say "turn down volume on your TV" ;) . But, sometimes it sounds to me like there is some distortion, like the output is just slightly too loud.

The audio low pass filter that you have removed, could this be the reason? Could it possibly be added back as a user option?

In all other respects, GBI is super awesome, thanks a million for developing it!

EDIT: I'm using GBI-LL
enigmaxtreme
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:41 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by enigmaxtreme » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:05 am

So I just bought this http://www.play-asia.com/classic-linker ... iftigniter in hopes of using the Classic Controller with the GBI and sadly, it doesn't want to work. It works with the official Game Boy Player, but not this :(
bobrocks95
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by bobrocks95 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 am

Extrems, is there any way to add controller configuration to the regular GBI? The same command line argument for the LL version didn't change the control scheme, is there a different method in the regular version?
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:53 am

I might add Lua scripting for that.
bobrocks95
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by bobrocks95 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 pm

The feature parity would be nice. I just had GCVideo DVI installed and GBI looks great on my plasma, to the point where I probably won't bother hooking it up to the CRT for games that don't need quick reaction times.
User avatar
RGSPro
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by RGSPro » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:20 am

Can't figure out how to get this to burn with Swiss... Keep making coasters using GC Bootable Disc GUI which crashes if I try to pad the ISO, so I make the ISO and then pad it with GCIT. Does anyone have an ISO image with the newest builds?
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4628
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:41 am

RGSPro wrote:Can't figure out how to get this to burn with Swiss... Keep making coasters using GC Bootable Disc GUI which crashes if I try to pad the ISO, so I make the ISO and then pad it with GCIT. Does anyone have an ISO image with the newest builds?
Swiss doesn't supporting booting of homebrew discs inside of it. What are you trying to achieve exactly?
Image
User avatar
RGSPro
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by RGSPro » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:47 am

emu_kidid wrote:
RGSPro wrote:Can't figure out how to get this to burn with Swiss... Keep making coasters using GC Bootable Disc GUI which crashes if I try to pad the ISO, so I make the ISO and then pad it with GCIT. Does anyone have an ISO image with the newest builds?
Swiss doesn't supporting booting of homebrew discs inside of it. What are you trying to achieve exactly?
I am just trying to have swiss boot up and then select the dol file. I am following the "Make your own bootable Swiss / GBI disc" tutorial here: http://retrorgb.com/gameboyinterface.html
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4628
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:04 am

RGSPro wrote:
emu_kidid wrote:
RGSPro wrote:Can't figure out how to get this to burn with Swiss... Keep making coasters using GC Bootable Disc GUI which crashes if I try to pad the ISO, so I make the ISO and then pad it with GCIT. Does anyone have an ISO image with the newest builds?
Swiss doesn't supporting booting of homebrew discs inside of it. What are you trying to achieve exactly?
I am just trying to have swiss boot up and then select the dol file. I am following the "Make your own bootable Swiss / GBI disc" tutorial here: http://retrorgb.com/gameboyinterface.html
Inside every release of Swiss there's a ready to burn ISO file with the latest version of Swiss. Use one of these, burn it with something like ImgBurn and it should pad the disc with extra crap for you automatically.
Image
mario64
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by mario64 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi all,

I've searched and can't seem to find an answer to this question. Are there input parameters which can be adjusted so the regular version of GBI isn't so excessively bright? I understand it was designed to match a GBA in daylight but when playing on a LCD it's way too much imo. The LL and ULL versions look much better. Problem is, they don't allow applying zoom to the image.

Thanks,
mario64
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:10 am

  • Added volume control.
  • Added per-channel settings where possible.
  • Changed volume to 75% to mitigate clipping with AVE-DOL.
  • Fixed framebuffer clearing for 576i.
Harrumph
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Harrumph » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:25 am

Extrems wrote:
  • Added volume control.
  • Added per-channel settings where possible.
  • Changed volume to 75% to mitigate clipping with AVE-DOL.
  • Fixed framebuffer clearing for 576i.
Thanks for this! Though you forgot to update the .dcp files with the new settings. :)
I edited my own and it works fine now.

Any chance of implementing the audio LP filter too?
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm not too keen on it, and it sure as hell won't sound like a DS Lite.
Hucklebuck
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Hucklebuck » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm going to read all the posts in this thread but I want to ask a quick question. Is this software a complete replacement for the Gameboy Player Boot Disc? Because someone has offered me a Gameboy Player for a really good price but it does not come with the boot disc.
bobrocks95
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by bobrocks95 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Hucklebuck wrote:I'm going to read all the posts in this thread but I want to ask a quick question. Is this software a complete replacement for the Gameboy Player Boot Disc? Because someone has offered me a Gameboy Player for a really good price but it does not come with the boot disc.
Complete replacement, provided you have some way to boot the software.
Hucklebuck
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Hucklebuck » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:07 pm

bobrocks95 wrote:
Hucklebuck wrote:I'm going to read all the posts in this thread but I want to ask a quick question. Is this software a complete replacement for the Gameboy Player Boot Disc? Because someone has offered me a Gameboy Player for a really good price but it does not come with the boot disc.
Complete replacement, provided you have some way to boot the software.
I have a Wasp Fusion on 1 GC and a Xeno on the other. So I'm good?

Can I boot this in Swiss with a .dol file on the SD card? Where is the latest release? Is there an iso for it too?
Post Reply