Wii64 1.2 Possible Release Date ?

All Wii64 related discussions here
Wishi

Wii64 1.2 Possible Release Date ?

Post by Wishi » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:24 pm

I am a fan of Nintendo 64, i literally check this website fo the hope that the new Wii64 version is released , and when i saw that video of the progress of this project many months ago i was truly hyped.
However i was just wondering if there is an aproximate realease date for this new and porbably last version of Wii64 , the only reason why my wii keeps turning on is because of Not64 ....
megalomaniac

Re: Wii64 1.2 Possible Release Date ?

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:35 am

Wishi wrote:I am a fan of Nintendo 64, i literally check this website fo the hope that the new Wii64 version is released , and when i saw that video of the progress of this project many months ago i was truly hyped.
However i was just wondering if there is an aproximate realease date for this new and porbably last version of Wii64 , the only reason why my wii keeps turning on is because of Not64 ....

....then you better keep turning on your wii for Not64....
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Woa I thought this thread was about to be closed before any other replies were possible. xD

Well, we are at November now and I hopefully wish we can see a release before the end of the year.
But... I don't know. :/
Just wishful thinking.

I really want to relive my beloved N64 collection with Wii64 through vWii on my Wii U.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 am

ShadowOne333 wrote:Woa I thought this thread was about to be closed before any other replies were possible. xD

Well, we are at November now and I hopefully wish we can see a release before the end of the year.
But... I don't know. :/
Just wishful thinking.

I really want to relive my beloved N64 collection with Wii64 through vWii on my Wii U.

whatever you do, dont hold your breath....
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
the-hans3009

Post by the-hans3009 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 am

Hello Gc Forever!!

Sorry for comment in my language, spanish, but need writer about this theme.

Primero que nada decirle a Whisi que no es el unico, muchos estamos esperando cualquier dato sobre Wii64, que revisamos a diario este foro solo para saber si Emukidid comento, o si alguien tiene algun dato extra sobre el emu de 64.
Segundo es agradecerle a Emukidid todo lo que ha hecho en la scene de Wii, ya que todos hemos podido revivir nuestra niñez, la nostalgia mode on,
Por ultimo solo mencionar que no perdemos la esperanza de ver en Gcforever, Wiiscene, o el olvidado Emulatemii (siempre quise comentar y no publicaban nada) el Wii64 Final... o el 1.2 XD

Gracias Emukidid
Gracias Desarrolladores de la Scene
Gracias A todos...

Saludos!
The-Hans
Aressi

Post by Aressi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:32 pm

the-hans3009 wrote:Primero que nada decirle a Whisi que no es el unico, muchos estamos esperando cualquier dato sobre Wii64, que revisamos a diario este foro solo para saber si Emukidid comento, o si alguien tiene algun dato extra sobre el emu de 64.
No estes esperanzado en ello, es mas facil conseguirte una consola de segunda mano y un flashcard como el everdrive o el ed64plus que seguir esperando tantos años por un emulador :roll:
moneer

Post by moneer » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:37 pm

@shadowone333 I was thinking the same thing about the thread being closed lol
@wishi do not ask for eta's here. They don't take kindly to those who ask when stuff gets released. Just be patient, check here every year or so and maybe we will get it. Maybe.
Using Tapatalk
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:08 pm

the-hans3009 wrote:Hello Gc Forever!!

Sorry for comment in my language, spanish, but need writer about this theme.

Primero que nada decirle a Whisi que no es el unico, muchos estamos esperando cualquier dato sobre Wii64, que revisamos a diario este foro solo para saber si Emukidid comento, o si alguien tiene algun dato extra sobre el emu de 64.
Segundo es agradecerle a Emukidid todo lo que ha hecho en la scene de Wii, ya que todos hemos podido revivir nuestra niñez, la nostalgia mode on,
Por ultimo solo mencionar que no perdemos la esperanza de ver en Gcforever, Wiiscene, o el olvidado Emulatemii (siempre quise comentar y no publicaban nada) el Wii64 Final... o el 1.2 XD

Gracias Emukidid
Gracias Desarrolladores de la Scene
Gracias A todos...

Saludos!
The-Hans
I will translate the previews two posts to english just so that anyone knows what they are talking about if they don't know spanish:
First of all, I want to tell Wishi that he's not the only one, a lot of us are waiting for any information about Wii64, we check this forum daily just to know if Emukidid has commented, or if someone has any other extra info about the 64 emulator.
Secondly, to thank Emukidid all that he has done in the Wii scene, since we have all been able to relive our childhood, Nostalgia Mode On.
Lastly, I want to mention that we do not lose hope of seeing in GC-Forever, Wiiscene, or the forgotten EmulateMii (I always wanted to comment and no one commented anything) the Last Wii64... or 1.2 xD

Thank you, Emukidid
Thank you, Developers of the Scene
Thank you all...

Greetings!
The-Hans
And now this one:
Aressi wrote:No estes esperanzado en ello, es mas facil conseguirte una consola de segunda mano y un flashcard como el everdrive o el ed64plus que seguir esperando tantos años por un emulador :roll:
Goes like this:
Don't be hopeful about it, it's easier to get yourself a second-hand console and a flashcard like the EverDrive or the Ed64Plus rather than waiting so many years for an emulator :roll:
moneer wrote:@shadowone333 I was thinking the same thing about the thread being closed lol
I know, right? XD
Don't worry, though, I give it a week tops. :P
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:26 am

Obviously asking for a release date is completely unfair as it puts the devs in a position where they need to answer and depending on said answer will cause issues with one side or another. Along with that if the release date isn't met tons of people will complain which puts even more stress on an already stressed out development team. However I don't think it's unfair to ask how things are going, a simple "Life has gotten in the way of developing this but we are still pushing through it." or "Things have been going great, steady development has happened over the last few months." would be good to know so at least we have some idea of what is going on and it doesn't put the pressure on the devs to come up with a fake answer or an answer they aren't sure they can make on time.

Think of a road trip, someone asking "Are we There Yet?" is completely annoying as it puts a strain on the driver who is trying to focus on getting to their destination and it is clear that they aren't there. Yet asking "Where are we currently?" just gets the basic info needed to keep everyone sustained and informed while keeping the stress level down.

The least the devs could do is give us a small update and how things are going no matter how positive or negative so we can at least be at ease, just don't ask for a confirmed release date unless the devs give it officially.
"I am invincible!"

Daruda

Post by Daruda » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:27 am

Chr0n0Tr!gg3r wrote: The least the devs could do is give us a small update and how things are going no matter how positive or negative so we can at least be at ease, just don't ask for a confirmed release date unless the devs give it officially.
Hey guys, first post here.. Please consider the following: we are contributing nothing to the lives of the people working on this site, and to the coders (Emukidd and Extrem for instance). Emukidd announced that he'd try to get a new version of Wii64 out this year, and the year is not over yet. I'm sure he didn't do that to tease us without an intent to pull through, but he didn't *promise* anything, nor does he owe us anything! To be realistic and quite frank, the least the devs can do is *literally* absolutely nothing. They could take the site offline tomorrow, erase their programs and progress and call it a day, and I don't think we'd have any right to complain. As they have stated, real life moved on for them and left them with little time to push on to make progress - they already gave a lot of their time and energy freely and willingly, in order to give us stuff we never deserved in the first place. Looking around at the forums around the Wii emu scene (not just here btw, also at RetroArch for *just one* example) I see quite a bit of entitlement and complaining going on. That's only going to demotivate the guys working on devving... Let's not act like spoiled brats (not directed at you Chr0n0), but REALLY show gratitude and respect to the devs for their contributions. That also means not pushing them for statements.. They'll chip in in good time, when they have stuff to share.

I for one (and I'm sure there's a lot more people out there like me, who unfortunately may not take the time to speak up) am very grateful with the great work *already* done. I'm still using my Wii for emulation, and am really looking forward to even better N64 emulation on the Wii . Lets try and actually be helpful, either by contributing (start coding if you've got coding chops!) or by at least keeping things positive around here! A big thnx to the Wii64 team and Extrem :) !
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:44 am

Daruda wrote:
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r wrote: The least the devs could do is give us a small update and how things are going no matter how positive or negative so we can at least be at ease, just don't ask for a confirmed release date unless the devs give it officially.
Hey guys, first post here.. Please consider the following: we are contributing nothing to the lives of the people working on this site, and to the coders (Emukidd and Extrem for instance). Emukidd announced that he'd try to get a new version of Wii64 out this year, and the year is not over yet. I'm sure he didn't do that to tease us without an intent to pull through, but he didn't *promise* anything, nor does he owe us anything! To be realistic and quite frank, the least the devs can do is *literally* absolutely nothing. They could take the site offline tomorrow, erase their programs and progress and call it a day, and I don't think we'd have any right to complain. As they have stated, real life moved on for them and left them with little time to push on to make progress - they already gave a lot of their time and energy freely and willingly, in order to give us stuff we never deserved in the first place. Looking around at the forums around the Wii emu scene (not just here btw, also at RetroArch for *just one* example) I see quite a bit of entitlement and complaining going on. That's only going to demotivate the guys working on devving... Let's not act like spoiled brats (not directed at you Chr0n0), but REALLY show gratitude and respect to the devs for their contributions. That also means not pushing them for statements.. They'll chip in in good time, when they have stuff to share.

I for one (and I'm sure there's a lot more people out there like me, who unfortunately may not take the time to speak up) am very grateful with the great work *already* done. I'm still using my Wii for emulation, and am really looking forward to even better N64 emulation on the Wii . Lets try and actually be helpful, either by contributing (start coding if you've got coding chops!) or by at least keeping things positive around here! A big thnx to the Wii64 team and Extrem :) !
I wasn't implying that the devs owe us anything but merely that it would be nice to know how things are going overall instead of flat out asking for a release date and expecting someone to answer immediately. Actually from what I've read the community seems to have a pretty good overall attitude about not having regular updates or release dates and gives the devs plenty of respect and gratitude that they deserve with a few minor exceptions (Unless I'm being overly optimistic). I don't think asking for a minor "How are things coming along?" is asking for too much and really it's nice to give people hope in the project they are anticipating, I've done several "Closed Door" projects and if people drop in and ask me how things are going I usually don't mind giving them a simple or sometimes complex answer and in this case it shouldn't be a problem yet I will respect their decision not to say anything if they chose to do so.
"I am invincible!"

Daruda

Post by Daruda » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Agree Chr0n0,

Like I said that really wasn't directed at you. I also agree that most people aren't too bad, however as we're probably in the final stage of Wii homebrew developement I find a lot of positive voices have moved on while some entitled, bitter or whiney (and often very vocal) ones have stayed. Whilst I agree with you, this was just the piece of food-for-thought I wanted to leave for people reading this thread: nobody owes you anything, and the best thing you can do (for the devs, but even if your sole interest is to 'get free stuff') - stay patient and respectful, and stimulate a positive attitude..
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:54 am

Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

your optimism and outlook is flawed...
you did not consider the other side of possibilities....
you indicate that a status update no matter how positive or negative will allow people to be at ease?

well lets try it:
question: "how are things coming along"?
answer: "...no time to work on it, no progress for a long while now, might not be any progress for a long time to come"

^^ would this put people at ease??
no, it would only cause uproar and then people would make demands to release the source...
people will become more pissy than usual since they had their hopes set on a release this year...
...and not to mention the inevitable follow up question: "well than can we expect a release in early 2016??"

I would say its better not to ask because you dont want to know....
no answer or status update given will ever be acceptable unless its information regarding a potential or confirmed release date...
This thread is headed in the same direction as all other threads of this type before it...Pointless and Locked!!

Image Image Image
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:00 am

^Having a GitHub Open source project for the latest progress would be great though.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:32 am

To be honest I'd rather know it was dead then to not know at all. Not knowing is more painful as you have to constantly guess when a official announcement tells you right then and there what is going on. However I do see how alot of people would get upset with negative information or anything below "It's Done!" so I guess you have a point there. I guess I'm more patient than most people.
"I am invincible!"

nakata

Post by nakata » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:27 pm

Daruda wrote:Agree Chr0n0,

Like I said that really wasn't directed at you. I also agree that most people aren't too bad, however as we're probably in the final stage of Wii homebrew developement I find a lot of positive voices have moved on while some entitled, bitter or whiney (and often very vocal) ones have stayed. Whilst I agree with you, this was just the piece of food-for-thought I wanted to leave for people reading this thread: nobody owes you anything, and the best thing you can do (for the devs, but even if your sole interest is to 'get free stuff') - stay patient and respectful, and stimulate a positive attitude..
Exactly! Devs should not be discouraged by solely self entitled dickwads that demand everything on a plate.
There is a far less vocal majority that really appreciates work done so far and enjoys it, thus there is interest to ask how things are going and IF any updates are on the way.

Chr0n0Tr!gg3r wrote: Think of a road trip, someone asking "Are we There Yet?" is completely annoying as it puts a strain on the driver who is trying to focus on getting to their destination and it is clear that they aren't there. Yet asking "Where are we currently?" just gets the basic info needed to keep everyone sustained and informed while keeping the stress level down.

The least the devs could do is give us a small update and how things are going no matter how positive or negative so we can at least be at ease, just don't ask for a confirmed release date unless the devs give it officially.
Great analogy, well said.
Jinx_Dojo

Post by Jinx_Dojo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 pm

I spoke with Extrems today (author of Not64), to whom emu_kidid apparently gave the code (and presumably the attached rights/responsibilities thereof). I, too, urged him to consider releasing the source, not to placate the masses, but because of the belief that anyone who has knowingly contributed to a GPL project (including the mupen64 authors, on which Wii64 is based), would want their code and its derivatives to be published ("Information wants to be free" etc.), and because it seems a shame that all that work has been done, only to be enjoyed by fewer and fewer people as time passes.

He responded by stating that he was busy working on his GBA project (which he implied was more interesting), and that Wii64 would eventually be released. I asked why the source couldn't be released now in an ad hoc condition (i.e. as a "work in progress"), and he indicated that he didn't want to be responsible for the unofficial binaries that would inevitably be compiled and distributed.

So, we are at a relative impasse. As much as Extrems has helped further N64 on Wii, it seems now he doesn't have the time to work on it (for which no one can blame him), but also is unwilling to release the code until he does work on it.

I share this information because I personally share the view noted above that information is better than no information, even if it is bad news. I truly appreciate all of the work that has gone into making so much great homebrew for GC and Wii, and I have nothing but respect for those who have volunteered their time. I only hope that people will have a chance to see and appreciate all of the work that was done--before interest wanes entirely.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:44 pm

Thank you for this, although it wasn't the best of news it still made my day knowing what has been going on and I fully respect Emu and Extrem's decision to put the project on hold and wish them luck with whatever projects/real life stuff they are working on.

On a side note, Extrems, if/when you do pick the project up again if you ever need someone to test any builds for compatibility like I've been doing with the current Not64 I'd be happy to help. Good luck on the GBA project and hopefully we can see a return of Wii/Not 64 some day!
"I am invincible!"

novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 am

Jinx_Dojo wrote:I, too, urged him to consider releasing the source, not to placate the masses, but because of the belief that anyone who has knowingly contributed to a GPL project (including the mupen64 authors, on which Wii64 is based), would want their code and its derivatives to be published ("Information wants to be free" etc.)
Keep in mind that under GPL (or any other open source license that I'm aware of), you only need to release the source if you release binaries. Nothing was released at all so he's under no obligation.