DVD Drive Emulator Question

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
Hucklebuck
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Hucklebuck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:03 am

Been watching this topic for a while. Really interested and excited. I would definitely buy this. It's about time the GC got an ode just for itself.
Haydinho
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Haydinho » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:37 pm

Any updates on progress?
meneerbeer
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:13 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by meneerbeer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm

I am currently busy with cleaning up the code. Then, I will implement some important missing features, such as firmware updates.

I am also investigating different options to release the drive emulator.
alligatorfists
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:55 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by alligatorfists » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:46 am

Cheers for the update meneerbeer, I'm pretty damn keen for this when it's ready.
User avatar
waiwainl
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by waiwainl » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Great outlook for 2019 :D
User avatar
ShredderN64
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by ShredderN64 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:26 am

Very cool project, man. I can't wait until you have more to share with us!
User avatar
s8n187
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 11:45 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by s8n187 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 pm

very eager for this project , yes emu_kidid i'm still lurking as you call it :P
PolarBearEh
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:49 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by PolarBearEh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:05 am

I would be very interested in something like this, if you ever get around to releasing/selling. I have a GameCube with a dead drive and this would be perfect. I'll be keeping an eye on progress!
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4507
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:44 am

s8n187 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 pm
very eager for this project , yes emu_kidid i'm still lurking as you call it :P
Always happy to see some of the 2010 members still around ;)
Image
User avatar
s8n187
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 11:45 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by s8n187 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 am

i first met you back when Tehskeen was around emu , you helped me get my first GC i had a lot of questions you were really awesome in guidance. Btw you and the Swiss team are making a lot of progress lately , hats off to you friend
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4507
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 pm

s8n187 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 am
i first met you back when Tehskeen was around emu , you helped me get my first GC i had a lot of questions you were really awesome in guidance. Btw you and the Swiss team are making a lot of progress lately , hats off to you friend
Thanks, I think I remember, you were trying to get Beach Spikers working on sd-boot I think :)
Image
User avatar
Greg2600
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Greg2600 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:04 am

Can't one create an interface via the Parallel GBP port? It's plenty fast enough.
User avatar
Streetwalker
Posts: 1736
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 am
Location: Israel

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Streetwalker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am

More than plenty fast enough, it's the fastest available bus, but that also makes it more difficult to work with. Requires much more expensive hardware for one.
User avatar
s8n187
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 11:45 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by s8n187 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 pm
s8n187 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:48 am
i first met you back when Tehskeen was around emu , you helped me get my first GC i had a lot of questions you were really awesome in guidance. Btw you and the Swiss team are making a lot of progress lately , hats off to you friend
Thanks, I think I remember, you were trying to get Beach Spikers working on sd-boot I think :)

holy shit what a memory you have ! , yes that's right. Btw i did send quite a while ago a PM about a WASP Fusion you were selling but i didn't get a response. I'm guessing you don't have it anymore but if you do i still want to buy it , if you have it let me know.

Feb 17, 2017
Appreciate it :) Are you after just the wasp fusion? I have a spare with an outdated version of Swiss on it.
fwannmacher
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by fwannmacher » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Release this and I'll retire my WODE modded cube :-)
EthernumRasa
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:10 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by EthernumRasa » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:09 am

Hopefully there will be a release. You can count me in as a definite preorder, please remeber this post when you get this released so i can get one of them fance new shiny drive replacement thingies
meneerbeer
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:13 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by meneerbeer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:41 pm

It is very close to being ready (which means that for any sort of release it is still going to take at least a few months). The redesigned board that I ordered works, but it had a few minor mistakes. I have already ordered a new revision, so hopefully then everything is all good.

The firmware still needs a few important additions, which I will be working on whenever I have time.
Haydinho
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Haydinho » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:16 am

meneerbeer wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:41 pm
It is very close to being ready (which means that for any sort of release it is still going to take at least a few months). The redesigned board that I ordered works, but it had a few minor mistakes. I have already ordered a new revision, so hopefully then everything is all good.

The firmware still needs a few important additions, which I will be working on whenever I have time.
Thanks for the update meneerbeer, any idea on what price point you will market it at and how you will handle orders?
Godfather
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Godfather » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm

I am so glad this is being made. Ive almost every system backup ready and the game cube needed some serious love. Sick of being pointed to the wii for my needs. No thanks love the game cube!! GC forever!!!
Le_Gogh
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:42 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Le_Gogh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks for the update on this, I'm extremely excited and am definitely interested in picking one up if you do a run of them once you feel ready. Thanks for all of your efforts Meneerbeer!
User avatar
waiwainl
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by waiwainl » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Great work! Can you share pics or perhaps a small vid?
User avatar
aleomark
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by aleomark » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 pm

Hope soon it will be ready
Cedy_NL
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by Cedy_NL » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:44 am
s8n187 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 pm
very eager for this project , yes emu_kidid i'm still lurking as you call it :P
Always happy to see some of the 2010 members still around ;)
Checking in as well.. :)

Am interested in the project too!
PAL Icedcube w Qoob Pro/AR+SD/BBA+PSO
Softdev wrote: Testing GC Cedy_NL – as always above and beyond
DoctorOcho
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:04 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by DoctorOcho » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:47 am

Good god man. Can’t you tell we are all dying for your chode, I mean ode?

Seriously keep up the good work and please give us an update.
captain_nemo
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:02 am

Re: DVD Drive Emulator Question

Post by captain_nemo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:15 am

Found this thread yesterday after spending many days looking for a wiikey or a wasp. Sounds amazing! Really hope you release something. Any variant of what has been discussed would be great as there’s nothing available. I would definitely buy unless it was obscenely expensive. All the best with it meneerbeer! How do you get started on something like this by the way? Do you have a background in electronic engineering or are you learning as you go? I presume the former but you never know.
Post Reply