Doubts with Swiss and Megadrive V3

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
mautheus

Doubts with Swiss and Megadrive V3

Post by mautheus » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Hello guys! I've been gone a long time without messing with my Game Cube and now I'm coming back.
I have a megadrive from megalomaniac and i kept my disc player (i think it's the v3 megadrive). I use a WiiKey Fusion on fw 1.3 to be able to boot through discs as well.
Here's my point. Can I use Swiss as the initial ISO even on Wiikey Fusion fw 1.3 and continue booting my disks automatically when they are in the player, and can use the other Swiss functions?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Doubts with Swiss and Megadrive V3

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:59 am

I'm not sure, I assume you can - what does it currently boot to?
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:54 am

Without the SD in the slot it boots from the disk. With the SD I press a small button that is connected to the WKF and it initializes the WKF menu and so I load the games through the SD
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:03 am

"WKF menu" being Swiss or the actual Wiikey Fusion menu? Does that also mean your SD is in WBFS format?
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:21 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:03 am
"WKF menu" being Swiss or the actual Wiikey Fusion menu? Does that also mean your SD is in WBFS format?
Exact. I use WKF Menu and my SD is in WBFS format
How should I proceed to use Swiss as a Menu? Will compatibility with the games be the same as WKF?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:45 pm

You will need to run Swiss (as an ISO) via the WBFS card, but you will also need a SD adapter (memory card slot or SD2SP2) with the swiss .fzn file on it from the latest Swiss release on github.

1. Boot to Swiss
2. Find the .fzn file in swiss and press A on it to flash your WKF with Swiss (don't put the .fzn.fw file on the SD card at all as Swiss will want to flash the firmware back down to 1.0 on the WKF and this might break compatibility with disc booting via passthru)
3. Shut the GameCube off, remove the WBFS SD card, put a FAT32 formatted SD card in the WKF and start it up, Swiss should boot.

In the event that it doesn't you can run the recovery image from the Swiss repo, or we can find the original WKF menu recovery ISO to put back on there as well.
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Thanks for the information. I'm going to take these steps and come back and let you know how it looks.